Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Great Blue Gun Drive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
There may be a patent or copyright infringement issue if you are using a patented design (the blue gun) as a mold for the purpose of resale, without the original manufacturer's permission.

I may be wrong, but given the litigiousness of our society today, it wouldn't surprise me if I were right.
Some of the sites I've checked will only sell to LEOs and holster makers, they're specific about it. So I'm thinking he's good...
Old 10-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #12

But TWMIM, what about mag pouches?

31pty0dgmql__sl500_aa300_.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, I am glad to see Capt. Killjoy and his sidekick The Great Fun Vacuum are still around.

Longballer has stated on several occasions he would prefer to his leather work his primary source of income. He has also indicate if he had a way to turn out more than 1911 holsters, he would do so. He also already offers a discount on purchases made by Supporting Members.

Thus far people have asked for other variants than the 1911 holster but Longballer has had to explain these facts to them. He also, albeit probably jokingly, asked for an investor to help him get off the ground. This achieves some of his needs for build stock without giving up any ownership of his company. Win-win.

As for the idea that somehow taking a plastic mold and creating a holster from it, that is already what is happening in most "custom" leather workshops. You didn't actually think they were molding leather around a live firearm dozens of times a month did you?

Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMIM View Post
Surely you don't believe that I would just toss this out there and demand a discount on a product without consulting the man?

I swear to God sometimes it's a if people think we just get an idea while eating a bowl of Fruit Loops and spill the bowl trying to get it posted. There are PM's a plenty and lots of planning that goes on. That is the difference between 1,000 views and 200 posts and 37 views with 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMIM
You, sir, have insulted me. I'm going to send him a blue mold of my hand, have him make a gauntlet, and throw it down to you...
. Hardest laugh this week.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #15

Let me assure everyone, Longballer is on board, I'm just waiting for him to formally post a special offer for FTF members. I ran the idea past him, he's more than fine with it.

This is just me trying to help the whole forum. You get to contribute to a growing American business, and you get a masterpiece of leather for a pittance, everybody wins.

Positivity, folks.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #16

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

You all are something else! Dam fine group of friends if there ever were any!!

This deal is one that I proposed to one member a few months back. Seemed a pretty good idea to get us both exactly what we needed. But until TWMIM brought forth the idea to take this big time, I hadn't thought about the grand scale of win-win for the forum and myself. This could be huge for me in the sense of really helping to kick my business up a dozen notches or so. There have been many many requests for IWBs for stuff that I just didn't have access to, and that takes orders elsewhere in a heartbeat. Adding another model here and there was the plan, but that takes time, and time is usually a strange creature in the holster biz. Guys seem willing to wait 4, 6, even 12 months for a rig, but most of us won't wait 2-3 days before we HAVE to place that order.

I'm all for this idea!! And to make sure we have a real win-win for us both, here's the deal:

Anyone providing a blue gun will get there first holster, IWB or OWB, for $30 us shipping!! Yep ... $30!!!

Plus, I'll throw in an extra 10% off any other accessories or holsters ordered at the same time!!

I have to thank every one of you all in advance!! Even if only one person takes advantage of this, it's a huge thing to me. Not just for my business, but personally as well. Come here to talk guns and stuff, and find a huge second family. Outstanding. You guys and gals are wonderful.

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com
People Like This 
Old 10-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #17

Blue plastic hand coming....

Old 10-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #18

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

How about a way to check and what has been sent to you so you don't get flooded with a particular gun mold?

Must..... escape ........being sucked in by the fun vacuum...

Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
How about a way to check and what has been sent to you so you don't get flooded with a particular gun mold?

Must..... escape ........being sucked in by the fun vacuum...
Probably a good idea. Not sure how to go about this...

Ladies and gentlemen, they make a blue gun for anything.

Pimps and hoes, does this bring back memories of Studio 54?
fsp25.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #20

So a custom holster, price is a plastic gun and $30.

You help a businessman and forum brother, and you get some smoking leather.

LEOs, you guys may even have access to blue guns at a rate that we don't, chime in please.