The Great Blue Gun Drive - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Great Blue Gun Drive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I wish you could have been here before the great forum split. This used to be a VERY generous community. On several occassions we raised funds in excess of $1,000 each time to help adopt troops or help a member in need.

It is starting to come back around again. There is a core here, that is here everyday, and they are starting to meld into something special again.

And there are a few of us working behind the scenes on some stuff to help that happen.

Now get back to work on my holster Dave!!!
I believe I joined either during, or after the great split, so I didn't get to see the old forum. This forum has always been great to me though, and in the last few months, it has become greater. Old members that made this forum great back in the day are beginning to come back, and I hope they continue too.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #102
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
Longballer, just out of curiosity, how many hours do you typically put into one of your holsters?
Well, that's such a varied amount depending on the style, its hard to say. If it is my standard Wingman IWB, I would say about 3, if I put all the steps back to back. But that NEVER happens. Cutting, shaping, gluing, sewing, wetting, molding, detailing, edging, sealing, and sometimes dyeing as well. If I break it down to an hourly wage ... I may be a little over minimum wage after expenses. Thank goodness I LOVE doing it!!

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com
People Like This 
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #103
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21262 Times on 12072 Posts
Likes Given: 53048

i am so glad that everyone is trying to help Dave out with his holsters. i would like to see him become a profitable success at this venture. Dave is a nice person who IMO deserves to be a success at this and so far he is, judging by the quality of his work.

Dave, i wish you the greatest of luck and good wishes and hope i can be of help to you in the future.

TWMIM, you are a very generous person and someone who has some of the most epic of brainstorms! you truly live up to your namesake, The Most Interesting Man! **huge amount of respect**

and to all you members who have bought Dave's holster's, thank you for helping him get started and enjoy them!

People Like This 
Old 10-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #104

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i am so glad that everyone is trying to help Dave out with his holsters. i would like to see him become a profitable success at this venture. Dave is a nice person who IMO deserves to be a success at this and so far he is, judging by the quality of his work.

Dave, i wish you the greatest of luck and good wishes and hope i can be of help to you in the future.

TWMIM, you are a very generous person and someone who has some of the most epic of brainstorms! you truly live up to your namesake, The Most Interesting Man! **huge amount of respect**

and to all you members who have bought Dave's holster's, thank you for helping him get started and enjoy them!
You are too kind.

Gentlemen, remember, if you bought one, do a thread, I'd like to see more of these masterpieces.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #105

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

You bet I will be doing a thread when I get mine. It's going to be awhile though and I am in no hurry for it.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

People Like This 
Old 10-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #106

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

And to think we only let him post half of the stuff he comes up with for fear of the shear vacuum effect it would have on people leaving other forums to join up.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #107
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMIM View Post
You are too kind.

Gentlemen, remember, if you bought one, do a thread, I'd like to see more of these masterpieces.
I'll definitely be doing one for mine. Unfortunately, I won't have the gun for it yet (I'll be getting it not long after I get the holster). I may be able to borrow one to show it off with.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #108

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
You are too kind.

Mine is being created right now, and while the pistol I have in mind for it will not be here for quite some time (Nighthawk Backlog - *shaking fist*) I do have a substitute for the reveal.

And. it. will. be. AWESOME!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #109

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
You are too kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
You bet I will be doing a thread when I get mine. It's going to be awhile though and I am in no hurry for it.
Ordered one yesterday...can't hardly wait!!!

Me make thread when me have pics...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 10-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #110

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

This is a very exciting time for us all.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

People Like This