Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Great Blue Gun Drive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 PM   #91
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4510 Times on 2372 Posts
Likes Given: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
I'd be in for a Vaquero Cowboy rig, cross draw and a right side rig for my 1858 Remington. I know JonM just picked up two Vaqueros that are the same size as mine, maybe he would be interested as well.
I am indeed. But i would want something different. Mine are new vaqueros 4 5/8 barrels with a profile clone of the colt saa. 24 bullet loops (two reloads each gun) in a darker redish leather with some gunmetal grey texas ranger stars one on each holster. But thats all for private chats and probably a phone call when im ready

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #92
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4510 Times on 2372 Posts
Likes Given: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71 View Post
Thanks yet again everyone! The ball is definitely rolling now! What we've done here in a day could have taken me 3-6 months to accomplish on my own. Truly amazing group of friends!!

There are PLENTY more options to be had out there for anyone wanting to jump in! If you have something else you want a holster for, just ask. The more "smurf guns" I can add, the bigger the selection will be for you guys and all future customers. Here's a couple more that would be great additions:

Ruger LC9
Sig P229
Bersa Thunder
Bersa thunder is substantially larger than a walther ppk just fyi. Ive got both.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #93

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

I am indeed. But i would want something different. Mine are new vaqueros 4 5/8 barrels with a profile clone of the colt saa. 24 bullet loops (two reloads each gun) in a darker redish leather with some gunmetal grey texas ranger stars one on each holster. But thats all for private chats and probably a phone call when im ready
That sounds great. Totally doable. Just give me a shout and we will get it done to your specs. Those bullet loops are a BIATCH, but very cool when done right. Looking forward to it, sir!!

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com
People Like This 
Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #94

Have had some great conversations today with several awesome gentlemen. Lots of detail talk, some good chat, and a few good laughs. This is another VERY BIG bonus of doing this "job". Love it.

Smurf guns? Oh yes.

1911 operator w/rail - order confirmed
S&W J-frame - order confirmed
XD 40 full size - order confirmed
M&P 45 full size - order confirmed
Beretta P92 - order imminent
Sig P229 - order confirmed

Isn't that just friggin crazy cool?!?! Hell yes it is!!!

Lots more out there folks! Come on and get your $30 + smurf gun holster deal!!! Lets see what else we can add!

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com
People Like This 
Old 10-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Which state are you located?...

Completely off the wall, but what If I sent you a deer hide?
State of perpetual confusion.

Missouri actually.

Hmmmm? Now that I really have no clue about. Have never used deer skin. I'm wondering how thick a tanned deer hide would be. Might even be cooler to have a "fur on" hide scabbard if it was deer ... Or even better a "fur on" cowhide!

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #96

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'd like to take a minute here and say thanks to the forum for stepping in and helping out a fellow member in mutually advantageous transactions.

HUGE PROPS to TWMIM, for yet another Interesting, and beneficial thread idea.

JD

Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #97

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I'd like to take a minute here and say thanks to the forum for stepping in and helping out a fellow member in mutually advantageous transactions.

JD
I did nothing, other than post an idea.

I walk down the street, and I hear a street musician playing with incredible talent. He has a hat with a few bucks in it.

Then a car rolls by, playing somebody with no talent on the radio. Then I ask myself, "Why do the talented go unrecognized, and the talentless make millions."

Then my logic gland hurts.

Then I consider the forum. Why are we here, if not to serve each other?
I've saved money thanks to reviews here, I've gotten helpful advice. I fixed a hole in my wall based on info gathered here, I've avoided crap guns.

Baller and I discussed my holster, he gave me a lowball price, and asked only that I give it a fair review. I agreed. The shipping cost alone must have eaten the profit he made, indeed, I would guess that he took a beating on our deal.

I saw the talent in his work, I wanted to contribute in some small way to his success. The world will be a little prettier if he can take off as a viable business.

In a world where every knife comes with a nylon crap sheath, and it's just as easy to buy that blister packed Uncle Mike, I opt for beauty. Because I'm interesting.....
Old 10-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

JD
I cannot repeat my THANK YOU enough times to remotely show how gracious I am to TWMIM and every single one of you here who has participated in this or come to me on the side to offer your business ... and friendships!!

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com
People Like This 
Old 10-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #99
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6544 Times on 3634 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Longballer, just out of curiosity, how many hours do you typically put into one of your holsters?

Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #100

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71 View Post
I cannot repeat my THANK YOU enough times to remotely show how gracious I am to TWMIM and every single one of you here who has participated in this or come to me on the side to offer your business ... and friendships!!
I wish you could have been here before the great forum split. This used to be a VERY generous community. On several occassions we raised funds in excess of $1,000 each time to help adopt troops or help a member in need.

It is starting to come back around again. There is a core here, that is here everyday, and they are starting to meld into something special again.

And there are a few of us working behind the scenes on some stuff to help that happen.

Now get back to work on my holster Dave!!!