Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A GREAT American Hero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default A GREAT American Hero

How can you disagree with that?

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I used to HATE that show when I was a kid. My dad would watch every episode and he would laugh and always enjoyed it. It took away from any time we could watch stuff, because our 4 member family only had one TV at the time. Unheard of for some of you, I know. Now, I watch an old episode of it on Nick at Night or something and I find myself LMAO about some of the stuff that guy used to say. Ahhhh, the ignorance of youth...

Good find Jables -

JD

Old 06-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

That was a great show! What many people didn't know at the time, was that Carrol O'Connor was a flaming Liberal...he played the part perfectly and many people watched because they saw a piece of themselves in his character. That show would be so politically incorrect now I'm surprised it aires anywhere.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-21-2008, 06:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
That was a great show! What many people didn't know at the time, was that Carrol O'Connor was a flaming Liberal...he played the part perfectly and many people watched because they saw a piece of themselves in his character. That show would be so politically incorrect now I'm surprised it aires anywhere.
I just have one question, if this country is so advanced from that time, then why do some of Archie's rants still hold true today? Food for thought.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
I just have one question, if this country is so advanced from that time, then why do some of Archie's rants still hold true today? Food for thought.
This country is not advanced, in fact I think it's regressed. Archie Bunker's racism was out there for all to see, and that's what made the show a hit, and contributed to confronting racism and seeing it for what it was. When I was an IT Mgr. for a large Ct. Hospital one of my employee's was a black guy who decided to move back to Georgia. I asked him why so many blacks lived in the south, the birthplace of slavery, when it was the north that freed them? He replied that at least down south you knew where the racism was because you could see it, not like up here where people try to hide it. So no, I don't agree that society has advanced one bit. Especially not here in the north, where Liberals outnumber Conservatives 2 to 1. The failed Liberal policies of the last 30 years are to blame. You solve problems by confronting, discussing, analyzing, implementing - not by appeasing, ignoring,banning, and compromising away. So no, I don't think society has advanced.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
This country is not advanced, in fact I think it's regressed. Archie Bunker's racism was out there for all to see, and that's what made the show a hit, and contributed to confronting racism and seeing it for what it was. When I was an IT Mgr. for a large Ct. Hospital one of my employee's was a black guy who decided to move back to Georgia. I asked him why so many blacks lived in the south, the birthplace of slavery, when it was the north that freed them? He replied that at least down south you knew where the racism was because you could see it, not like up here where people try to hide it. So no, I don't agree that society has advanced one bit. Especially not here in the north, where Liberals outnumber Conservatives 2 to 1. The failed Liberal policies of the last 30 years are to blame. You solve problems by confronting, discussing, analyzing, implementing - not by appeasing, ignoring,banning, and compromising away. So no, I don't think society has advanced.
Don't forget the most racist people are Limousine Liberals. Blacks are just a voting block for them.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jables View Post
Don't forget the most racist people are Limousine Liberals. Blacks are just a voting block for them.

True, but the blacks take a back seat to the South American illegals these days. Many of the blacks are disgusted with the knowledge that they have been used for decades to promote an agenda, of course many of them aren't...