Governor Nugent?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Governor Nugent?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Governor Nugent?

For all of his wild-man antics, the politically conservative Nugent is talking about following in the footsteps of celebrities such as actor Arnold Schwarzenegger or wrestler Jesse Ventura, who won gubernatorial races.

"That would be beautiful," Nugent said when asked if he would run for governor of Michigan in 2010. "I have threatened to do so and I was sincere."

Some of Nugent's antics make even Schwarzenegger's past outspokenness appear measured by comparison.

"Michigan was once a great state. Michigan was a state that rewarded the entrepreneur and the most productive, work-ethic families of the state. Now the pimps and the whores and the welfare brats are basically the state's babies."

Nugent refuses to mince words and often uses a racial epithet to describe blacks that normally would mean political suicide. He says his embrace of the word reflects his respect for the black contribution to rock and roll and has another expletive for anyone who disagrees with him.

Heavy duty weapons decorate the stage during his concerts and at his Las Vegas performance he condemned Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

Long a critic of drugs, Nugent wrote a recent opinion article for the Wall Street Journal condemning the widespread drug use during the Summer of Love in 1967. He drank just cold water before his Vegas concert.

Nugent still embraces the carnal part of the sex, drugs and rock and roll formula and peppers his concert dialogue with a word describing women that many find offensive.

He described the availability of sex earlier in his life like this: "It was like when carp breed. You walk across the stream and they are ... splashing in the shallows. Just jump in."

Now Nugent says he is a one-woman man, living with his wife and youngest son in Crawford, Texas, near President George W. Bush's ranch. Life is "peaceful, barbecue every day, a lot of school activities with my son Rocco, a lot of charity work."

Although Nugent appears younger than his 58 years (he says freshly hunted venison meat is one secret to longevity), loud music for decades has caused major hearing loss in one ear.

"The ear's not too good, especially with background noise. That's a small price to pay," he said. "Believe me the journey was worth it."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Texas said no to Kinky so I doubt Ted would have a chance here.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ted calls it how he sees it. If the rest of the politicians had the same ideals America wouldn't be in the shape it's in. I wish he was running in Kansas, I would vote for him.

What's going to happen if Hitlary get elected and our gun rights go out the window, as she is definately anti-gun. Or the government figures out that it's okay for everyone to have all the weapons they want, just won't be able to get ammo for them.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:07 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyWabbit View Post
Ted calls it how he sees it. If the rest of the politicians had the same ideals America wouldn't be in the shape it's in. I wish he was running in Kansas, I would vote for him.

What's going to happen if Hitlary get elected and our gun rights go out the window, as she is definately anti-gun. Or the government figures out that it's okay for everyone to have all the weapons they want, just won't be able to get ammo for them.
I'm with you BunnyWabbit

Old 08-26-2007, 03:47 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nugent probably wouldn't be any worse than Jessie Ventura or the Governator as a governor however, I do think that he does the RKBA a disservice with his grandstanding. When we preach here, we preach to the choir. When we preach to the anti RKBA people we preach to the deaf and blind. It is the rest of the common people that we need to preach to and sway to the pro RKBA side.
These people are average joe smith's. What would make a better impression on them, the Rabid progun antics of some crazy Rock and Roller(with all of the baggage that goes with that stereotype) or a plain man that is similar to them? That speaks a powerful message but uses simple words?

I appreciate what the "Nuge" tries to do and it is good to have people like Selleck and the Nuge to counter people like O'donnel. But I think that you and I will convert more people to the pro RKBA side than Nugent will.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984cj View Post
I appreciate what the "Nuge" tries to do and it is good to have people like Selleck and the Nuge to counter people like O'donnel.
They can sure counter her, but they don't weigh enough to counterweight her influence....

9x18=Makarov

Old 09-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyWabbit View Post

+1 God forbid we have to face the Hilary scenario.............

Well behaved women rarely make history!

The Gun Lounge