Got A Quote You Like? Share It With Us. - Page 176
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Got A Quote You Like? Share It With Us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #1751
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

In honor of Memorial Day:

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." George S. Patton Jr.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

gwk4667 Likes This 
Old 05-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #1752

Liked 323 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 42

My dad told me this when I was young, "muscles are fun but I got a gun" I think that's a quote to live by

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

Old 05-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #1753
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1284 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 75

100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in the net! Wayne Gretzky

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 05-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #1754

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
-Bernard Bailey

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #1755

Liked 247 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 12

"As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and
more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day
the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and
the White House will be occupied by a downright moron."

--- H.L. Mencken, The Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Old 05-31-2013, 03:24 AM   #1756

The great thing about dictators is, you have to know, if you get on a soapbox with them, you’re gonna lose, because they have a way of spellbinding with their oratory. But if you can reduce them to ridicule, then you’re way ahead.
-Mel Brooks-
Editor's note : A clue as to how to cut Obama down to size !

Old 05-31-2013, 04:00 AM   #1757

“From the smallest necessity to the highest religious abstraction, from the wheel to the skyscraper, everything we are and everything we have comes from one attribute of man -- the function of his reasoning mind.”

“We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality”
-Ayn Rand-

Old 05-31-2013, 04:03 AM   #1758

In the war between individualism and collectivism, we just reached a climax. Obama has openly denied individual achievement, spitting in the face of every individual who ever had a creative thought. Obama has ventured to say straight out what only the theoreticians of collectivism have scribbled before: there is no individual achievement. "You did not build" what you built. What appears to be your achievement is somehow the achievement of the collective--especially its representative on earth: the government.

-Harry Binswanger-
“Ayn Rand is history’s preeminent champion of capitalism. Who else had the courage to say that free markets are not simply powerful engines of wealth creation, but one-hundred percent moral—moral because they free the individual to pursue his own goals, wealth, and happiness?

“Instead of apologizing for opposing America’s colossal regulatory-entitlement state, the way virtually all Republicans do, Rand unflinchingly identified it as a moral corruption that sacrifices the individual to the collective. She didn’t seek to reform it but to end it.

“Ryan was right when he said that ‘Ayn Rand, more than anyone else, did a fantastic job of explaining . . . the morality of individualism.’ But what he and the rest of us must learn is individualism’s full meaning. According to this distinctively American idea, the government’s only function is to protect the freedom of every individual. Nothing short of this principle will end the unlimited power that Big Government now wields over our lives.”
-Dan Watkins-

" Atlas gives the American spirit a philosophic defense it has never had. The American spirit often has been attacked as atomistic, cruel, and materialistic. Atlas blasts any such notion. It shows that capitalism is a win-win system where all individuals are free to pursue their happiness. It shows that it is right for individuals to be concerned with their own happiness. And it shows that those who seek to "tread on you" – to control your life, redistribute your wealth, and mortgage your future – are morally wrong. "
-Dan Watkins-

"I am not primarily an advocate of capitalism, but of egoism; and I am not primarily an advocate of egoism, but of reason. If one recognizes the supremacy of reason and applies it consistently, all the rest follows."

-Ayn Rand-

" If Ryan is a man who takes ideas seriously, as numerous supporters and detractors claim, this is an attitude he would have encountered on every page of Rand’s writings.

But how as an adult do you sustain the conviction that the truth matters, in the face of constant calls to compromise your views and give in?

You need to achieve, Rand argues, a radical independence of mind. Independence does not mean doing whatever you feel like doing but rather forging principles and using them to choose your actions rationally, carefully, scientifically. Independence means refusal to subordinate your ideas or values to the “public interest,” as too many secularists demand, or to the “glory of God,” as too many religionists demand. It means refusal to grant obedience to any authority.

The independent mind instead embraces reason as an absolute. “The noblest act you have ever performed,” declares the hero of Atlas Shrugged, “is the act of your mind in the process of grasping that two and two make four.” Rand meant it. "

-Onkar Ghate-
" Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it . Do not count on them . Leave them alone . "

-Ayn Rand-

Last edited by Rentacop; 05-31-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:17 AM   #1759

Just as man can’t succeed by defying reality, so a nation can’t, or a country, or a globe.
-John Galt-

Old 05-31-2013, 04:37 AM   #1760

“ You see, Dr. Stadler, people don’t want to think . And the deeper they get into trouble, the less they want to think . “
-Dr. Ferris- P. 346 Atlas Shrugged

“ Did you really think we want those laws to be observed ? We want them to be broken . “
-Dr. Ferris P. 436 Atlas Shrugged

“ Would you rather agree with the enemy that you have no right to your profits and your property. “
-Hank Reardon- P. 484 Atlas Shrugged