Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Got A Quote You Like? Share It With Us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 AM   #1691
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 79 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 69

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #1692
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 629 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 363

"Sometimes the only thing that keeps me from being pessimistic is knowing that the when the country collapses, the people most responsible will die out in the first winter." --Frank Fleming

Old 03-08-2013, 04:23 AM   #1693

Liked 225 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 4

" One cannot rationally hate or fear an inanimate object ".
-Jeff Cooper-

Old 03-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #1694

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

My Dad was always coming up with little bits of wisdom and 2 still ring in my ears today. One was "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it", he had parts and pieces for everything. Men in town would come see my dad before going to a hardware stare or parts house and he sure enough would have what they needed and he never took a dime for it and would even go with them at times to help them fix whatever they were working on.

The second saying was mainly meant for me while growing up, he said,"Son, if you walk in a cow pasture long enough, sooner or later you're gonna step in cow manure" but he would use the more vulgar word for manure. But he was right, When I hung with the wrong group I got into a lot of "manure". But he was always there for me but I had to endure his eyes and shaking head. All in all I came out pretty good by most accounts.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #1695

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 24

To the memories of the men and women who lost their lives in war, with the profound hope that all who remember will be inspired to live more earnestly by the principles for which these brave people died.

Written by me.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #1696
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3015 Times on 1686 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMOJOE61 View Post
The second saying was mainly meant for me while growing up, he said,"Son, if you walk in a cow pasture long enough, sooner or later you're gonna step in cow manure" but he would use the more vulgar word for manure. But he was right, When I hung with the wrong group I got into a lot of "manure". But he was always there for me but I had to endure his eyes and shaking head. All in all I came out pretty good by most accounts.
Reminds me, my Dad always used to say, "If what you're doing can't stand the light of day, you ought to take a good hard look at whatever it is that you're doing."

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #1697
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2534 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

Default 2 from my Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMOJOE61 View Post
My Dad was always coming up with little bits of wisdom and 2 still ring in my ears today. One was "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it", he had parts and pieces for everything. Men in town would come see my dad before going to a hardware stare or parts house and he sure enough would have what they needed and he never took a dime for it and would even go with them at times to help them fix whatever they were working on.

"If eating steak & real butter takes 5 years off of my life, it's been a great life!

AND

"The man who has one foot in yesterday and one foot in tomorrow is pissing on today!"

He just turned 79 years old last month and is going strong!

Thanks Dad!!

Old 03-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #1698

" Why do you suppose the creeps of the world have declared open season on Americans ? Are we not the posterity of Patrick Henry and George Washington and Nathan Hale and Buck Travis and George Custer and Teddy Roosevelt and George Patton ?
How do they dare ?
We seem to have changed and not for the better . "

-Jeff Cooper- 1988

Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #1699

" 'Duty . Honor. Country.' How many people under the age of 40 can you name who can even define those words ? "
-Jeff Cooper- 1988

Old 03-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #1700

" The only honorable response to violence is counter-violence. To surrender to extortion is a greater sin than extortion, in that it breeds and feeds the very act it seeks to avoid. "
-Jeff Cooper-