Got a question for you fan boys out there.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Got a question for you fan boys out there.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 05:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Got a question for you fan boys out there.

Before we get started, I want to preface this with some facts. There are people out there who prefer something because it is what they want. They have reasons for their use and have a good argument as to why. These people are not FAN BOYS.

Now why is it whenever the Remington 870, the Glock whatever and other things are brought up, there are some people who will ALWAYS SAY "The (insert brand) is the best out there, because that is what the Military/LE use."?

Do you understand how idiotic that argument is? The reason these items are in use is solely due to the fact that product is cheaper than the competition. It is not the best, it is the cheapest. Would you say that the Ford Crown Victoria is the best car out there because that is what LE uses? Would you say the Hummer is the best off road armored personnel carrier out there because that is what the Military uses? No. Hey you might as well say red underwear makes you bulletproof because thats what Superman wears.

Please for the sake of your own reputation on any forum including this one stop using that argument as to why the whatever is better than the others. You are simply showing a blind adoration of something that you have no original opinion of.

If you like Glock or the 870 or fluffy pink bunny shoes, thats fine but if you have no intelligent reason as to why and the only response you can come up with is "because LE uses it..." then please don't respond, you are only making a fool of yourself.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 03-13-2010 at 05:46 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

i agree with you. The military LE are only using what they do cause they have to. Because some guy in congress got them a good deal on pretty in pink pistols

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

I agree. The Crown Victoria is the best car out there.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #4

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

all my guns are the best guns, thats why i own them.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:10 AM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I am a Ford person because I, and my family, have never had any luck with other makes.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 03-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #6

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sig
Beretta
Walther
Colt

I own them all and I find pros and cons with them all. One isn't better than the other.....just different.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

1911, nuff said...

Old 03-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #8

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Is there a question in there somewhere? Or are you just asking WHY the fanboys do what they do?

Old 03-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Leave my pink bunny shoes out of this!

TXnorton

Old 03-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Darin this is an irritation in my life. I agree. I strain my eyes from excessive rolling on a daily basis when I hear guys ask "hey what was xxxx using?" If its out curiosity...meh.. OK. But usually they will run out and buy or order the exact copy of whatever it was whether it works or not. Not because it was the best thing for them, but because it was on a poster, in a video, on tv etc. Fat guys in multicam everything making gun videos on youboob....hated it. Jumping from a glock to a M&P because they saw it in a gun video. It's whatever the last thing they saw on SWAT tv (cool show BTW). Marketing genius, great for the gear sellers. Goes hand in hand with the whole "running" word that I hate. "I run a surefire and EoTech on my AR, and run a glock with a frito bandito small of the crotch rig". Stop the madness. I guess it really doesnt matter, no impact on me. There is usually an inverse between the amount and newness of gear on a guy at the range and his ability to fight the gun.

Closed Thread