Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   Got a question for you fan boys out there. (

DarinCraft 03-13-2010 06:42 AM

Got a question for you fan boys out there.
Before we get started, I want to preface this with some facts. There are people out there who prefer something because it is what they want. They have reasons for their use and have a good argument as to why. These people are not FAN BOYS.

Now why is it whenever the Remington 870, the Glock whatever and other things are brought up, there are some people who will ALWAYS SAY "The (insert brand) is the best out there, because that is what the Military/LE use."?

Do you understand how idiotic that argument is? The reason these items are in use is solely due to the fact that product is cheaper than the competition. It is not the best, it is the cheapest. Would you say that the Ford Crown Victoria is the best car out there because that is what LE uses? Would you say the Hummer is the best off road armored personnel carrier out there because that is what the Military uses? No. Hey you might as well say red underwear makes you bulletproof because thats what Superman wears.

Please for the sake of your own reputation on any forum including this one stop using that argument as to why the whatever is better than the others. You are simply showing a blind adoration of something that you have no original opinion of.

If you like Glock or the 870 or fluffy pink bunny shoes, thats fine but if you have no intelligent reason as to why and the only response you can come up with is "because LE uses it..." then please don't respond, you are only making a fool of yourself.

doctherock 03-13-2010 06:46 AM

i agree with you. The military LE are only using what they do cause they have to. Because some guy in congress got them a good deal on pretty in pink pistols

Shihan 03-13-2010 06:48 AM

I agree. The Crown Victoria is the best car out there. :D

rifleman1 03-13-2010 07:06 AM

all my guns are the best guns, thats why i own them.

Glasshartt 03-13-2010 07:10 AM

I am a Ford person because I, and my family, have never had any luck with other makes.

AcidFlashGordon 03-13-2010 01:46 PM

I own them all and I find pros and cons with them all. One isn't better than the other.....just different.

NGIB 03-13-2010 01:47 PM

1911, nuff said...

lonyaeger 03-13-2010 01:48 PM

Is there a question in there somewhere? Or are you just asking WHY the fanboys do what they do?

TXnorton 03-13-2010 02:48 PM

Leave my pink bunny shoes out of this!

hillbilly68 03-13-2010 03:22 PM

Darin this is an irritation in my life. I agree. I strain my eyes from excessive rolling on a daily basis when I hear guys ask "hey what was xxxx using?" If its out curiosity...meh.. OK. But usually they will run out and buy or order the exact copy of whatever it was whether it works or not. Not because it was the best thing for them, but because it was on a poster, in a video, on tv etc. Fat guys in multicam everything making gun videos on youboob....hated it. Jumping from a glock to a M&P because they saw it in a gun video. It's whatever the last thing they saw on SWAT tv (cool show BTW). Marketing genius, great for the gear sellers. Goes hand in hand with the whole "running" word that I hate. "I run a surefire and EoTech on my AR, and run a glock with a frito bandito small of the crotch rig". Stop the madness. I guess it really doesnt matter, no impact on me. There is usually an inverse between the amount and newness of gear on a guy at the range and his ability to fight the gun.