Got my Utah CCW Today!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Got my Utah CCW Today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Got my Utah CCW Today!

Cause for some small celebration today at the Cnynrat household - my Utah CCW card arrived.

Still waiting for Florida, as well as my wife's CCW cards for both states.

It would be cause for a big celebration if I actually lived in Utah, but I guess us Californians have to take what we can get when it comes to CCW permits. We do travel to Utah fairly often, as well as many of the states that have reciprocity with UT and FL, so it will be of some use.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2009, 01:04 AM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Florida can't keep up with concealed weapon permit requests - Florida - MiamiHerald.com

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-08-2009, 01:19 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Hey Mr. Rat
Congratulations! Did you take the class with the guy on Calgun.com? I was thinking of going for the class and permit this March in Orange County. But I wasn’t sure about the Florida permit. I can’t see ever taking the RV there and if we flew I would not take a gun anyway. What other 2 states does Florida give?

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #4

We took the class from Firearms Training Associates (Firearms Training Associates). They are based on So Cal, and we've now taken a few classes from them - I recommend them highly.

We took the class in early December, and I think we sent our forms in by mid-December. So, it's taken 2 1/2 months to get the UT CCW.

Go to US Handgun Law for info on CCW reciprocity. They have an interactive CCW reciprocity map (click on create license map). UT has reciprocity with WA and MN, which FL does not. FL has reciprocity with KS and SC, which UT does not. Be careful with CO - they are listed as having reciprocity, but the fine print says that's only if you are a resident of the state where you hold your CCW, so non-resident CCW's like mine are not honored.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Old 03-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
We took the class from Firearms Training Associates (Firearms Training Associates). They are based on So Cal, and we've now taken a few classes from them - I recommend them highly.

We took the class in early December, and I think we sent our forms in by mid-December. So, it's taken 2 1/2 months to get the UT CCW.

Go to US Handgun Law for info on CCW reciprocity. They have an interactive CCW reciprocity map (click on create license map). UT has reciprocity with WA and MN, which FL does not. FL has reciprocity with KS and SC, which UT does not. Be careful with CO - they are listed as having reciprocity, but the fine print says that's only if you are a resident of the state where you hold your CCW, so non-resident CCW's like mine are not honored.
Lots of great info. Thank you

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-24-2009, 05:06 PM   #6

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!! My husband and I teach classes in the western states. One of the thigns we offer is a Utah CFP. Here's a little info for anyone who may be interested.

On Saturday, March 28, 2009, get a lifetime of competence, safety & confidence for only $300! (includes fingerprints, photos, full color reference manual)

Perhaps you have a concealed firearm permit, but you're frankly afraid to carry a firearm on you. Why? Because you're not sure of your ability to hit what you're aiming at or because you're not confident you can keep it safely out of the reach of unauthorized persons, and because you've heard plenty of negative stigma about those who carry firearms.

Our training and this exclusive shooting technique will certainly address all of these valid aspects which have kept men and women from responsibly exercising their 2nd Amendment rights for decades.

- Class held in Orem, UT

- Class schedule runs from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 28, 2009. You must plan on attending the FULL day.

- A non-refundable deposit of $25 is required for each participant of this training. You may pay this via Google Checkout upon your registration.

- Women of Caliber does not accept credit cards or checks at the training location. Cash only.

Learn the laws AND the method.

Seating is limited so register now at Women of Caliber*-*index_html or call 801-788-4133.

I also have a blog, check it out: Women of Caliber