Got my daughter a red ryder bb gun
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Got my daughter a red ryder bb gun

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dalefan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 342
Liked 83 Times on 50 Posts

Default Got my daughter a red ryder bb gun

Now I got a ? She wants a scope on it. Has anyone done or ever seen how to mount one on it? Thanks
dalefan88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
beaglesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southwest Ohio
Posts: 2,022
Liked 702 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 1109

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalefan88 View Post
Now I got a ? She wants a scope on it. Has anyone done or ever seen how to mount one on it? Thanks
Need a picture
beaglesam is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dalefan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 342
Liked 83 Times on 50 Posts

Default

image-1608548362.jpg



image-3743543601.jpg

Thought about getting a slide rail mount and using apoxy
dalefan88 is offline  
beaglesam Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 17,990
Liked 10540 Times on 4551 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

Default

Well, a couple of problems- first, no standard mount. Second, air rifles need an air rifle scope. There is a reverse recoil that will wreck a standard rifle scope due to piston going forwards/backwards. Third, a BB gun does not have reproducable accuracy.
__________________
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.
c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 508
Liked 211 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Well, a couple of problems- first, no standard mount. Second, air rifles need an air rifle scope. There is a reverse recoil that will wreck a standard rifle scope due to piston going forwards/backwards. Third, a BB gun does not have reproducable accuracy.
And she needs to get good with iron sights first, still needs to learn the basics. Tell her "Uncle Rick" says her daddy will buy her a .22 with a scope, when she gets older
HM2Grunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dalefan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 342
Liked 83 Times on 50 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt

And she needs to get good with iron sights first, still needs to learn the basics. Tell her "Uncle Rick" says her daddy will buy her a .22 with a scope, when she gets older
The funny thing is she likes firing my 22 rifle with a scope and that's why she wants one on her BB gun. She is 8 and I have to help her fire the 22. Got her the BB gun to get better till she's bigger and can handle the 22 better. Will try to teach her with the iron sights.
dalefan88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dalefan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 342
Liked 83 Times on 50 Posts

Default

No scope yet but she loves it

image-3033553560.jpg



image-1167409178.jpg
dalefan88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,529
Liked 4680 Times on 2329 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Default

Now teach her a great lesson!

Go up to her and take her BB gun away. Just snatch it out of her hands and maybe push her down for added effect.

After she's done crying, look her in the eyes and say 'Thats what liberals want to do to you.'

Then give her the BB gun back and say lucky for you, daddy's not a liberal.

You might just save her...
__________________
Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.
Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dalefan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 342
Liked 83 Times on 50 Posts

Default

Lmao I couldn't do that to her
dalefan88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ashland ky.
Posts: 128
Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
Now teach her a great lesson!

Go up to her and take her BB gun away. Just snatch it out of her hands and maybe push her down for added effect.

After she's done crying, look her in the eyes and say 'Thats what liberals want to do to you.'

Then give her the BB gun back and say lucky for you, daddy's not a liberal.

You might just save her...
Lol hahahahahahahahaha that's funny but sadly the truth
Barney1023 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ryder Cup. manta The Club House 3 10-01-2012 02:29 AM
What can you do if your son/daughter were taken? dog2000tj The Club House 11 08-06-2012 06:59 AM
Red Ryder mods 00possum Gunsmithing Forum 5 09-27-2011 03:01 PM
My daughter said MobileMarine The Club House 8 07-27-2011 05:51 PM
Daughter wants her own .22 VitSports6 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 22 10-04-2010 02:53 AM



Newest Threads