Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Got burned on 1st auction on Gunbroker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8438 Times on 3661 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Have bought on GB and AA. Very much prefer AA. WAY too many overpriced guns on GB that get relisted and relisted and relisted. I look at feedback for sellers, and if there is a negative, I look at that. You will never make EVERYBODY happy, but if the response to a neg is a frothing at the mouth screaming name calling- who the hell needs THAT? The head honcho over at AA is known to the members as "The Cat Herder"- you WILL deal straight, or get herded out the door.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 01-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #12

Wow! I better be more careful on there. I have in the past won auctions, and been nothing but happy, but I think I'll be less naive in the future.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #13

Real interested to see what GB does with my complaint.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i've used GB and EBAY for quite a few items, buying and selling. only a couple bad deals on both sites. I've looked at gunsamerica and AA a couple times, never was too much listed on those sites. I haven't been to them in over a year, so maybe they've gotten better. I'll check it out.
I agree about the money order....every money order has a tracking number, you can see who cashed it and where as long as you still have the portion you kept...the tear off piece that has the info on it. track the money order and get your vengeance. I would.
Don't let this discourage you though....if you shop around and check sellers/buyers out, you'll be fine.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #15

i have used gunbroker many times and never had a problem . i always look at the feedback before i buy thou .

wrench

Old 01-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #16

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwrench View Post
i have used gunbroker many times and never had a problem . i always look at the feedback before i buy thou .

wrench
Me too, wrench. I have not bought a gun there, but I've bought a load of reloading items=100% Great so far.........

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 AM   #17

Default Auction Arms

The prices on Auction Arms seem to be alot better, there are some pretty good sellers on GB but I have always had better luck with AA. Just my two cents, that and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:22 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have used Gunbroker quite a bit, the only time I had an "issue" was a seller who forgot to ship the $5.00 item I won the bid on. When I contacted him he was very sorry. So sorry he sent me about $40.00 dollars worth of free stuff along with my part.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:48 AM   #19
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1114 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 523

I have bought and sold on Gunbroker/Auction Arms/Ebay for years and think they are all great services. If you have a problem with a seller,contact the website per their rules.If that doesn't work,then use the legal system to get results. Contact the Postmaster/Attorney General or have an Attorney send the seller a letter and you usually get results fast.
Although most gun people hate PayPal,they are great if you use them on Ebay.If you have trouble with a seller and they won't return correspondence with you,PayPal will issue you a refund directly and then they will deal with the seller. I know this from personal experience with them.

Most people selling items on these sevices are honest folks,but there are bad apples in every barrel. You just need to take advantage of all of the available resources before you choose to send money to a complete stranger.