Got burned on 1st auction on Gunbroker
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Got burned on 1st auction on Gunbroker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Got burned on 1st auction on Gunbroker

Saw an under the table holster I wanted on Gunbroker so I signed up and bid. I won the item and sent my postal money order the same day. That was November 19th. I have emailed and called his contact number three times and spoke to a different person everytime. They all promise that if not shipped out, it will be that day. They offered to call me back, send me an email confirming but of course I never received a thing. I sent a complaint to GB asking them to look into this and suspend his ability to list items for auction. I copied the seller on this email also and the next day, he emailed me with one short sentence. "I will refund you the money". I replied back that he can make good on this today and gave my paypal addy but nothing, That was 12/19. I have 170 transactions to my name on Ebay with 100% feedback, guess my luck had to run out sometime. Just blows my mind a person screwing up their reputation on GB for $17!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I just go there to look at the pictures now. I noticed some goober selling a police trade in revolver (.38 S&W Model 64) using the same pic from the J&G Sales website that listed it for 1/2 of the GB seller's price. I now see one that looks remarkably similar billed as an "Austrian police trade in"; why would cops in Austria be using a .38 S&W revolver? There appear to be a few others on GB in the same price range. Then there are all the BP pistols & kits priced $20 above the price at Cabelas.

Nice variety of pics though.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoGats View Post
Saw an under the table holster I wanted on Gunbroker so I signed up and bid. I won the item and sent my postal money order the same day. That was November 19th. I have emailed and called his contact number three times and spoke to a different person everytime. They all promise that if not shipped out, it will be that day. They offered to call me back, send me an email confirming but of course I never received a thing. I sent a complaint to GB asking them to look into this and suspend his ability to list items for auction. I copied the seller on this email also and the next day, he emailed me with one short sentence. "I will refund you the money". I replied back that he can make good on this today and gave my paypal addy but nothing, That was 12/19. I have 170 transactions to my name on Ebay with 100% feedback, guess my luck had to run out sometime. Just blows my mind a person screwing up their reputation on GB for $17!
contact the postmaster you bought the money order from. remember if he stole your money with a postal money order, he is committing mail fraud

Old 12-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #4

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I try to stay away form GB.com I just don't like the way they treat customers. the sellers can do no wrong and the customer is trash.

donnykc is right contact the postmaster. They will get him for mail fraud.

From what I have seen there are way to many DOUCHE BAGS on GB for me.

I have seen guys selling a $100 rifle for $500. Then when you contact them about why it has such a high price when the blue book is $400 lower. They get all pissed off and sware at you and threaten to contact GB and have you kicked off.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2991 Times on 1558 Posts
Likes Given: 278

Try Gunsamerica.com. I have had some decent experiences there.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-31-2009, 12:11 AM   #6

Screw Gunbroker. Those guys are a$$holes. Use Auction Arms. Auction Arms is endorsed by the NRA, cheaper fees for sellers and you can actually call and talk to someone if there is a problem. Dealing with the yahoos at Gunbroker is like dealing with nazi's that refuse to use telephones and only care about taking your money. I cant say enough good things about the professionals that run Auction Arms.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:19 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Try Gunsamerica.com. I have had some decent experiences there.
I'll second this, got my Mk III from there, $120 below MSRP.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:16 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! I'm looking at purchasing a new firearm and was considering online.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i had my first successful aution on there this week. I only bought a choke tube, but it went well. the seller was an @$$hole though.

"There's not too many things, a man can't fix, with a couple hundred rounds, and his 30-06."

Old 12-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've purchased a lot of items thru ebay and gunbroker. The key is investigating the seller before you purchase. Look into their feedback, ask some serious questions and see what kind of response you get. Typically if they answer your questions quickly and try to help you, they will do the same once the item is sold. They don't have to have 100% feedback to be a good seller, if they've sold 150 items and have 2 negative, I wouldn't be worried. If they have 15.....keep shopping.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer