Got a Another Firearm Today (A Good Day) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Got a Another Firearm Today (A Good Day)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

My Hi-point was the first pistol I bought, a .40 S&W though. They are ugly but mine has never jammed with FMJ's. Hollowpoints are another story, mine won't fire hollowpoints. It'll fire FMJ rounds all day though.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I plan on taking my C9, and my JCP out this weekend, and I am going to do up a "no B.S." performance test on them. I will post the results so others can use the information if they want to purchase one of these firearms.

I will test the following ways (if you have any ideas, on additional tests, let me know):

- Bench firing at 10 yards for 5 round grouping (cold weapon).

- Bench firing at 25 yards for 5 round grouping (cold weapon).

- Firing while standing at 7, 15, 25, 50, 70 yards (we'll see how far the guns will realistically reach out).

- Stress firing (4 magazines as fast as I can pull the trigger and reload).

- I will test the regular sights and the included "peep" sight to see the difference between the two.

- I will fire the gun in all different postions I can think of.

I will post the results once I'm done. I'm hoping I can borrow a friend's digital camera so I can video the whole thing and put it on youtube. We'll see, though.

Maybe I will start a trend on this site, and the other members can write reports of the performance of their firearms when they go to the range.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:48 AM   #13

If yours came with the peep sights, try them out. It only takes about 5 minutes to switch them out and it really improved the accuracy of my C9.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #14

I plan on taking my C9, and my JCP out this weekend, and I am going to do up a "no B.S." performance test on them. I will post the results so others can use the information if they want to purchase one of these firearms.

Hello Sgt. Miller.

My first new pistol was a Hi Point 9mm. I thought it was ugly and top heavy, but it went bang every time I shot my Winchester FMJ white box ammo during target practice, and it was pretty accurate. Then one day I used it for real on a raccoon. The first shot got him in the leg as he ran away, then the second round jammed on the feed ramp. The difference?, I was using my Winchester self defense hollow point ammo. Two days later I took it to the local gun shop and traded it for a new Springfield Armory Sub-Compact XD-40. I quickly decided that if I couldn't depend on it to shoot at coons, I certainly couldn't depend on it for self defense either.

I'm all for getting the most out of my dollar, except when my life or a loved one's will depend on it. By the way I absolutely love my XD-40. It will eat any ammo, is very accurate, is much easier to handle than the 9mm Hi Point, and has a lot better trigger on it. And most importantly I can depend on it. I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'm just letting you know my experience with my Hi Point 9mm. I do however have a Hi Point 9mm carbine, that has been flawless in it's performance. Like the pistol it is inexpensive looking, and a bit clunky, but it hasn't let me down yet. Although in hindsight I wish I had gotten a .40 cal. model.

Good Luck,
Joe

PS. No raccoons have survived the fury of one of my .40 JHP rounds. The exit wounds are horrific compared to the tiny exit wounds of the 9mm JHP round. I had gotten several ground hogs with my Hi Point, but the wounds were very small. The .40 is a whole different story.