Google This - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Google This

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So many "drive-bys" on this forum trying to get questions answered or firearms sold the easy way.

I guarantee you many members use Google to confirm their answers before they actually put them in writing....just to make absolutely sure that what they're saying is indeed fact.

I think that many of the supporting members who are way more knowledgeable than me get tired of being taken advantage of. Not by all, but by many.

I am of the belief that members should only be allowed to have "X" amount of posts before they are required to pony up for SM or they have their access revoked.

I just joined a Nikon photography forum that requires $25.00 for "silver" membership. There is no "free membership" option. Hence, no drive-bys.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 PM   #22

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Let's be rude and arrogant that's a fine way to get more people interested in firearms and shooting.
Hell, it worked on me and I'm still here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
So many "drive-bys" on this forum trying to get questions answered or firearms sold the easy way.

I guarantee you many members use Google to confirm their answers before they actually put them in writing....just to make absolutely sure that what they're saying is indeed fact.
Indeed, Lon is correct.

I think we have a mighty fine forum base here, and it is growing everyday, if I say so myself. Those that are easily offended, do not stick around long, because it will easily be seen in their responses back, or lack of, and they are usually short lived here, by choice or by banning.

The ones that stick it out here as returning and continued members, are the ones that want to learn and become involved and become part of this firearms forum community.

And them tolerant temperaments, even-headed, intel motivated, backed with facts and referenced materials, are indeed the same, fundamental and instilled character traits, that I personally look for in a responsible, serious gun owner as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #23

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Jack, as always, is correct. We SMs that "live" in one of the sections ("handguns" for me) are helpful and polite 90% of the time. But I will tell you that it gets damn tiresome to see this type of post 20 times a day by folks you just know aren't going to hang around:

"i have an XXX and wonder what its worth" (no pix or details are posted)

or

"where do i buy hicap clips for my XXX"

We're human as well folks and as Lon said I indeed verify the facts before I post a technical answer if I'm not 100% positive...

Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

^^^ I find those posts much less annoying when they AT LEAST post up a pic or two. I try to encourage them to do so, when i see it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #25

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Like I've said, I have googled something of interest in the past and have been refereed to this forum only to have,at times, some deush, that has run out of patience because they think everyone should be a, "plethora knowledge" as they clearly think they are,tell me to go google it? Thin skinned? Its going to take a damn sight more than anybody here as to hurt my feelings. However the absence of courtesy and tact dose piss me off from time to time.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 02-08-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #26
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
I'm gonna whine here for just a minute so hold on. I really don't like asking a question and getting a response like,"google is our friend". Like I'm so incompetent that I'm unaware of a search engine, and if I were, Im obviously to stupid to use it. If I wanted to google, what the hell am I doing here. Funny,sometimes when I google, I get forums as one of the responses. Bottom line. I come here to interact, have fun, help if I can and learn.

N O T H I N G E L S E F O L L O W S

I dislike this as well.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Hey, wait a minute. I swear, I DO have some guns!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #28

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I don't try to scare anyone. (OK maybe a little every now and then).

I just don't have time nor feel like putting the effort forth to make every single little thing all PC.

Sorry.

Thank god you didn't come here a year and a half ago. You would have been chewed up and spit out before your got your little whiny thread started.

If I have the answer I will be the first in there to post up the help. It is just nice to see that someone is trying to find the answer before coming on here and expecting the answer to all their questions right now.

Hell 80% of the time it is said as a joke right before the person answers the question.

Why can you go and read? I like having shelfs full of book. 99% of the time I am reading it out of the book to make sure I have it 100% correct.

Just like the kid that wanted to put a video camera on the slide of his gun. He wanted a quick yes or no answer. No one would give him the answer he wanted.

Not sure what you problem is. With me or anyone else. Everyone here gets along real well. Heck there was just a 3 page thread about me being some kind of Bert look a like gay cowboy who like bull gizz.... It was funny one of bennings funniest short stories yet. Hell I made a video of me jumping around like an idiot. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me. I am happy with myself just the way I am.

I can't count the number of threads where a new person comes on says, I have this gun it was my grandpa's he got it in WWII as he had his arm blown off. I don't want it, how much is it worth? It has a barrel a hammer a star and 2 squiggle lines. No pictures no nothing about it not even a description beyond that. Then like you they get all pissy when they don't hear that it is super rare and worth millions of dollars. I purchased my blue book of gun values in Barns and Nobel. They have them in there and not wrapped in plastic so if you don't want to buy it just go look it up real quick. Of check your local library and see if they have one. Shoot a 10 second search on my library's web site turned up 7 copies and what branch they were at.

If you don't like how something is done then CHANGE IT. Don't whine like a teenage girl do something about it.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 PM   #29

Something else to consider:

Look through nearly any section on nearly any forum and you see the same question asked over and over and over. A quick look through the forum would produce the answer to the question someone was asking. Very few times is a question so unique that it has not be asked in some form. With a little effort, many questions, even some quite specific, can be answered without the need to post anything.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #30

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
Something else to consider:

Look through nearly any section on nearly any forum and you see the same question asked over and over and over. A quick look through the forum would produce the answer to the question someone was asking. Very few times is a question so unique that it has not be asked in some form. With a little effort, many questions, even some quite specific, can be answered without the need to post anything.
Exactly......!