Goodby one and all - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Goodby one and all

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'm sorry we failed you. We will all now commit Seppuku.
Well its the moderators fault he is leaving. Canebrake made fun of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley View Post
I love small bore skeet using both 410 and 28 gauge guns. We have a foot operated trap which I use to practice every chance I get. At 75 my eyes aren't as good as they once were but even though it has been years since I have had a clean round I still get out and do my thing. As far as the tricked out plastic stocked guns that most who post here seem to be in love with I wouldn't let one on my property. If it isn't blue steel and walnut stocked, preferably break action, I don't consider it a shotgun just a testosterone replacement for Rambo want-to-be fools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Walley, why don't you tell us how you really feel about those plastic fantastics.

I guess asking you for your opinion about the KSG is out of the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley View Post
I have always felt that the free expression of ones beliefs is the essence of a forum such as this. When a moderator attempts to ridicule, in an offhand manner, an expressed opinion it is time for one to re-access the validity of said forum. Biased on the bias shown by this moderator I must now withdraw from further participation in FTF as this is now place for a shotgun pruist such as myself.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #12

Liked 3200 Times on 1441 Posts
Likes Given: 2968

How is it a guy lives to be 75 and can't take a joke?

Old 07-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

If I might make a suggestion (feel free to ridicule me for it) I think it might not be a bad idea for the Moderators to do just that, moderate. Do nothing more than that. Don't participate in the conversations taking place because you might possibly alienate people who are "purists" and those people may have such a weak grasp on the reality that they don't understand that other people have differing opinions. Or perhaps a sense of humor.

Maybe the Moderators should have alternative user names for when they want to participate in the conversation. Like maybe Brakecane or something. Oh. No. That would be bad.

I'll let it go there.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #14

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
If I might make a suggestion (feel free to ridicule me for it) I think it might not be a bad idea for the Moderators to do just that, moderate. Do nothing more than that. Don't participate in the conversations taking place because you might possibly alienate people who are "purists" and those people may have such a weak grasp on the reality that they don't understand that other people have differing opinions. Or perhaps a sense of humor.

Maybe the Moderators should have alternative user names for when they want to participate in the conversation. Like maybe Brakecane or something. Oh. No. That would be bad.

I'll let it go there.
What the moderators contribute to this forum while participating in our conversations well and truely outweighs the contributions of any hard-done-by sad arses who have no sense of humour and only wish to draw attention to themselves. Walley did himself and the rest of us a favour by stepping out when he did.

If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen

Old 07-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #15
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8664 Times on 5169 Posts
Likes Given: 11418

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
How is it a guy lives to be 75 and can't take a joke?
Exactly!!

Quote:

I'll let it go there.
I think the Moderators should do more than moderate. They help give this forum direction and the knowledge our Moderators have is priceless. It would by a cryin' shame if our Moderators simply moderated. Though I like, respect, admire and have been helped by every moderator here, it is very difficult to match the knowledge Canebrake has shared with this forum.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/read-before-you-decide-carry-11962/

The above post made me realize even if I could, I am not ready to conceal carry. What an eye opener about things I had never thought of.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/i-have-gun-things-not-say-cop-40484/

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/shotguns-best-felon-repellent-home-defense-tool-ever-made-40490/

I could go on but I'll stop here. It would be a shame to not let our moderators share their knowledge about guns. I am here to learn and the mods have been some of my best teachers.

As for those members who may misinterpret a Mod's sense of humor and be offended, it would probably happen when anyone posted a funny comment to the 'easily offended' or other person who may lack a sharp sense of humor.

I think the Mods here are damn near perfect!

Last edited by winds-of-change; 07-07-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #16

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:

I'll let it go there.

Horse-Pucky!
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #17

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Regarding the OP --- So???
As to the Moderators --- I think it is ridiculous to suggest in a forum that is all about rights that the Moderators should give up theirs just because they are Moderators!!!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #18

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm sure Cane won't lose any sleep over this.

Ta-ta, Walley. Nobody cares.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3360 Times on 1739 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:

I'll let it go there.
Why don't you go back and read Walley's post first. He fired the first volley at the testosterone infused shotgun crowd. Cane's reply was very mild at worst. He asked Walley to tell us how he really feels.

THEN Walley wants to get all uppity and accuse a mod of being mean to him. He MAY be 75 years old, he sure seems like a thin skinned DB that did not belong here in the first place. Gone and now forgotten.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #20

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Hell, I've been outright insulted right after I came here. Kinda torqued me at the time but I got over it.

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Closed Thread

Newest Threads