Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > good thing there wasnt a gun involved

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 03:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default good thing there wasnt a gun involved

That husband could have hurt more people trying to save his family if he had a gun. He did exactly what he should have done in the first place, call the police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/27/conn-home-invasion-killer_n_1237416.html

thats what i imagine what a gun nazi would say about that situation. i do my best to think like my enemy, to see it from the other side you know?, but holy christ its hard to be that miop-myopik-my-stupid.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 303 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Yeah, not having a gun to save your families life must have been the right decision. Just think about all of the money he would have cheated the taxpayers out of getting to spend on the two trials and the years of imprisonment to come.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1098 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 625

The state's last execution in 2005 was the first since 1960, and Komisarjevsky and Hayes will likely spend years, if not decades, in prison.

this is where america is wrong.... he got the death penalty. why spend the money to keep him around. one month in jail then boom... save the taxpayers some green

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #4

i was thinking more along the lines of instant gratification. waiting for years, spending thousands for legal fees, hoping you get 12 common sense people, who have to believe you, to send someone you watched with your own eyes destroy your world.

or give your statement of self defense while dudes in white jumpsuits clean whats left of them off the floor with wet towels.

ive read this article in 4 different places, there was no mention of a gun anywhere, i forget is Connecticut yay or nay with guns?

Old 01-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #5

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Take them out behind the courthouse and string them up.

Or even in front if the courthouse, make it public.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #6

Liked 4544 Times on 2196 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

While I appreciate the common sence of this thread, exploiting tragedy is the territory and MO of our political enemies. Every time there a mass shooting those who apose gun rights are pontificating before the corpses have reached room temp.

Using this families suffering to say "told ya" is IMHO bad form and will not serve to change minds.

Tack

Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #7

Liked 396 Times on 219 Posts

Wow. I don't see how he could be calm in court wit the men who killed his wife and daughters. That's one strong man. I wouldn't be able to do it. I think those 2 men should be beaten and set on fire like the family they destroyed! it not right to knock them out and stop there heart with a shot that's just to nice of our legal system. Better yet the husband should pick how to end those men's life's an when. They got to pick how to take his family from him. That being said I hope the husband does find some comfort in knowing the these two men will never walk free again.
To bad this story wasn't on of those where the intruders were shot by the husband protecting his family and home.

play the victim, be the victim

Old 01-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #8

Liked 1662 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
While I appreciate the common sence of this thread, exploiting tragedy is the territory and MO of our political enemies. Every time there a mass shooting those who apose gun rights are pontificating before the corpses have reached room temp.

Using this families suffering to say "told ya" is IMHO bad form and will not serve to change minds.

Tack
I am with you Tack.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.