Good ole Peace-loving Bears/How many human lives are free-range bears worth? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Good ole Peace-loving Bears/How many human lives are free-range bears worth?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mack Bolan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: no longer in Rahm and McCarthy's squalor city
Posts: 795
Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
I think the thing I'm having the hardest time with is that this comes from the weed puffing vegetarian. Of everybody here who might have posted this, Gello is the LAST one I expected to see this from.

I am vexed.....
um, i have to agree, i would have expected orangello to be behind the bears freedom as well or at least not for killing bears for whatever reason....but i certainly dont know him (thru posts) as well most others here.

and while tent camping in bear country may be sleeping in a "warming tray" for bears, ( i like that one) i thought it was pretty common even in montana, maybe not alaska....and would expect that one is doing it knowing the risks, despite even low statistics on the fatal events.

i'm heading to bozeman near 8/20 and intend on camping all along the way and as far north as kalispell- some in tent or blazer and some nights at B&B's....i also may up my defenses by bringing a 12ga with since a 10mm is the largest handgun caliber i own and -someone suggested bearbangers....from my earlier thread, i'm going to get some of those too...

as far as national forest campgrounds and bear incidents, cabins could help, but the expense to build and maintain has to be way more than they get in revenue on a yearly basis.
__________________

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life


Last edited by Mack Bolan; 07-30-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Mack Bolan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #22
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,706
Liked 2089 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 754

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctherock View Post
The animals of the Earth dangerous or not have more right to the land than we do. Remember we are encroaching on their habitats not the other way around.
HORSE HOCKEY!

We are the apex predators of this world, and no animals life is worth more than a person's... with probably a few exceptions.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:45 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dog2000tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 8,309
Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default

a psa for those who may encounter such an apex predator,

How To Survive a Bear Attack Video | General Outdoor Skills | Howcast.com

__________________

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

dog2000tj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default

How to survive a bear attack.

1. Shoot the damn thing with a effing 12ga.

2. Pay fine

3. Go Home

__________________
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IGETEVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tornado \"Just Blow Me\" Alley,Oklahoma U.S.A.
Posts: 8,424
Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
HORSE HOCKEY!

We are the apex predators of this world, and no animals life is worth more than a person's... with probably a few exceptions.
Indeed. We are only the apex predators of this world because of intelligent cognate thought and reasoning, and mostly because we possess the tools, such as weapons and fire, for protection to enable us to be the dominate species.

Without that armed protection we are on the same playing field and menu of most carnivore animal species, especially when we are in their habitat.

That has been a proven fact many, many times.

Jack
__________________
Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”
IGETEVEN is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

As Jack has indicated, we are only the APEX predators because of the tools we have developed. If we had to rely on strength, smell and speed, we wouldn't even rate in the top 25.

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jeepcreep927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Newport,Vermont
Posts: 1,110
Default

Amen Gello. Put ALL ANIMALS in a cage where they belong! Damn animals.

Seriously. And I'm not even baked... Okay, I am not serious, nor am I baked.

I appreciate your thoughts Gello and I agree with a lot of stuff you say, but opinions like that are the reason half of this friggin country is paved and people think that meat appears magically on a little tray at the grocery store.

__________________

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

jeepcreep927 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #28
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,706
Liked 2089 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 754

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Indeed. We are only the apex predators of this world because of intelligent cognate thought and reasoning, and mostly because we possess the tools, such as weapons and fire, for protection to enable us to be the dominate species.

Without that armed protection we are on the same playing field and menu of most carnivore animal species, especially when we are in their habitat.

That has been a proven fact many, many times.

Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
As Jack has indicated, we are only the APEX predators because of the tools we have developed. If we had to rely on strength, smell and speed, we wouldn't even rate in the top 25.

Just as the old saying goes... the mind is your most powerful weapon. It's the God's honest truth.

Now go find me a bear with the equivalent creativity and intelligence of John Browning, Samuel Colt, John Garand, or Eugene Stoner, and maybe then I'll say "time for us to run and hide and stay out of the woods". But that will never happen.

So wherever we plant our foot; it is our dominion. And should some lesser creature decide any person is going to be their lunch, then that person has every right to take that animal's life.

That said... anyone who comes between a grizzly and her cubs has effectively nominated themselves for a Darwin award.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

But Scott, you are excluding the common denominator.

There is no question that man has evolved much further than any other species in the advent of tools. Our minds have developed much further and faster.

But man has done nothing but move backwards in the use of our natural abilities like smell, taste, sense, movement, tracking, etc.

If a guest comes to your house, and is too stupid to use the toilet properly, should that be overlooked and just accepted?

The Bears are doing what they do naturally. They hunt, they protect their young, they roam around and steal picnic baskets.

__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TXnorton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Katy,Texas
Posts: 1,376
Default

The bear was in bear country, where he/she was supposed to be. The humans were in bear country, but obviously they were not prepared to be there. Darwin wins. Score one for the bears. Too many damn people there anyway.

__________________

TXnorton

TXnorton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Crazy bears ThorsHammer The Club House 11 07-31-2010 07:50 AM
More peace loving Muslims Jo da Plumbr Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 07-29-2010 10:02 PM
Free to a good home Jo da Plumbr The Club House 3 09-16-2009 06:50 PM