Good ole Peace-loving Bears/How many human lives are free-range bears worth? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Good ole Peace-loving Bears/How many human lives are free-range bears worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I'll put down a 'Gello rug before I put down a bear rug.

Lots of animals in North America are dangerous, and why focus on the natural ones when, we have THOUSANDS of 2 legged ones walking North from the Spanish speaking nations to impose their own brand of havoc.

Long Live BEARS!

JD

Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Kill 'em all & let the coyotes sort them out!

Now Gello, I know you don't really mean that!

Just go spark one up, chill out for a little while and think a little about what you are saying bro.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #13

I watched the victim's interview on Good Morning America. She claimed this bear was not a normal bear because it attacked her (or something along those lines). If she thinks "normal" bears don't attack people she's going to wind up in the same position in the future. That's simply a survival instinct, see food and eat it.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:43 AM   #14

While I don't agree with trying to kill them all, I also don't agree with sanctuaries for them either. Most of our surounding counties are bear sanctuaries the game wardens bring the nueisance bears form the smokey mountains to our area. I went all of my growing up years without ever seeing a bear and I was ok with that. We own about 100 acres, mostly mountain that borders national forest and is included in the sanctuary. Many of our farmer now are having lots of problems out of the bear especialy for corn and they have lost fear of humans. So I think they should be thinned some just by opening a regular season for them in our area.
If you don't agree with me you have probably never looked in the eyes of a 500 pound black bear while picking corn like I have. I would recomend it to anyone who has been constipated, it is guarenteed to cure that.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:04 AM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

The animals of the Earth dangerous or not have more right to the land than we do. Remember we are encroaching on their habitats not the other way around. As a hunter I will say this is just dumb as hell. You have more chance of me beating you and jamming a rusty nail in your pee hole than you have of getting mauled by a predatory animal. Do you really want those odds? I jammed a rusty nail in my pee hole and I assure you you do not want that.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:20 AM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Oh and the mother was doing what mothers in nature do, protecting her young. Get between a sow and her young and there aint alot you can do but spray bullets and pray.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-30-2010, 04:19 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I think the thing I'm having the hardest time with is that this comes from the weed puffing vegetarian. Of everybody here who might have posted this, Gello is the LAST one I expected to see this from.

I am vexed.....

Old 07-30-2010, 04:54 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I tent camp in bear country every now and then. I sleep with my .44 under my head and my .338 at my side. I realize a bear could bite through the tent into my head and kill me before I could react. I'm going to live my life, I take what precautions I can (I'm not stupid) but nobody gets out of here alive.
Why do we call Gello a weed puffing vegetarian hippie? I have no knowledge of this, and even if I did I wouldn't throw stones.

Last edited by freefall; 07-30-2010 at 05:45 AM. Reason: sp

Old 07-30-2010, 04:56 AM   #19

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Heh. Just re-read the title of this thread. Answer-lots.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:10 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroque View Post
Totally agree

Let's outlaw cars, cheeseburgers, alcohol, and make everybody live in bubbles so as not to contaminate eachother.
If it is contaminating others that people are worried about, then lets outlaw sex!!!

As for this bear argument...... I worked at the nature center here in Ohio when I was younger for about 4 years or so. One of the things I done there was educate others about how to deal with the local wild life.... mainly reptiles. There are a bunch of people that want to kill all of the venomness snakes, but I tried to talk them into living together. I would say things like, "don't leave sheet metal lay on the ground or anything along those lines.". I would also say that they shouldn't give a mouse any reason to visit them and tell them how to avoid that problem. I taught how to safely remove snakes and what to do if confronted by one.

If everyone would adopt thisbway of thinking then animals wouldn't be a problem. You aren't a natural food source to them. So they have no need to come to you, and if they do then eliminate that need.

We can live peacefully with all animals most of the time, and when the peace goes out the window, well, I believe that is why the .500 magnum was invented.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Last edited by saviorslegacy; 07-30-2010 at 05:15 AM.