Good News Today
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Good News Today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Good News Today

My CO informed me today that I will be receiving E-7 rank sometime in the ext couple weeks or a month.

Great news! It's better pay and I'd be lying if I said it won't look good on my chest. I'm sort of puzzled seeing as how I've been fighting a medical review board, though..... Doesn't happen very often, especially SFC Rank!

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #2

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Congrats, but keep your eyes open! I've seen people for some reason get promoted right before a med discharge. But I've also seen people get promoted because they WEREN'T getting the med discharge. Kind of depends on the day of the week I guess.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Congrats on your promotion!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:08 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Congrats, but keep your eyes open! I've seen people for some reason get promoted right before a med discharge. But I've also seen people get promoted because they WEREN'T getting the med discharge. Kind of depends on the day of the week I guess.
Yeah same here.

I'm indifferent either way. I'd love to stay in but I'm at peace with a discharge. I've served my time

But then again, that $5100/month E-7 pay looks pretty good!

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Congrats on the promotion!

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 12-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #6

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06

Yeah same here.

I'm indifferent either way. I'd love to stay in but I'm at peace with a discharge. I've served my time

Not to mention the job security

Old 12-14-2011, 05:31 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Not to mention the job security
Yes. Yes that is true.

Did I mention that I HATE liars and wannabe, military posers?!?!?!? Like this assclown "SSGSF" that has the SF tab and is pretending to be deployed? SF? Yet has ZERO grammar, spelling, or punctuation?

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #8

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06

Yes. Yes that is true.

Did I mention that I HATE liars and wannabe, military posers?!?!?!? Like this assclown "SSGSF" that has the SF tab and is pretending to be deployed? SF? Yet has ZERO grammar, spelling, or punctuation?
Agreed. I'm one of those people who kick themselves in the a$$ because I didn't join the military. I'm envious and thankful for those who have served as well as those that do. What you guys do for your country is admirable and i hold you all to the upmost respect. With that being said, as envious as i am, I couldn't see making up a story about serving. A tall tale is one thing, lying about serving is a total low thing to do. You would earn more respect by thanking you guys like every American should do who hasn't served and move on with your life.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 12-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Agreed. I'm one of those people who kick themselves in the a$$ because I didn't join the military. I'm envious and thankful for those who have served as well as those that do. What you guys do for your country is admirable and i hold you all to the upmost respect. With that being said, as envious as i am, I couldn't see making up a story about serving. A tall tale is one thing, lying about serving is a total low thing to do. You would earn more respect by thanking you guys like every American should do who hasn't served and move on with your life.
Thank ya Sir

You're right. Lying the way this dude is lying is lower than a snake's belly....

"Sua Sponte"

Old 12-14-2011, 05:54 AM   #10
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7339 Times on 4415 Posts
Likes Given: 9054

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
Yeah same here.

Congratulations on the promotion.

That's a darned good monthly income!!