Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Good News Today (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/good-news-today-53568/)

CarlsbadRanger06 12-14-2011 04:49 AM

Good News Today
 
My CO informed me today that I will be receiving E-7 rank sometime in the ext couple weeks or a month.

Great news! It's better pay and I'd be lying if I said it won't look good on my chest. I'm sort of puzzled seeing as how I've been fighting a medical review board, though..... Doesn't happen very often, especially SFC Rank!

trip286 12-14-2011 04:57 AM

Congrats, but keep your eyes open! I've seen people for some reason get promoted right before a med discharge. But I've also seen people get promoted because they WEREN'T getting the med discharge. Kind of depends on the day of the week I guess.

towboater 12-14-2011 05:02 AM

Congrats on your promotion!!!!!!

CarlsbadRanger06 12-14-2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
Congrats, but keep your eyes open! I've seen people for some reason get promoted right before a med discharge. But I've also seen people get promoted because they WEREN'T getting the med discharge. Kind of depends on the day of the week I guess.

Yeah same here.

I'm indifferent either way. I'd love to stay in but I'm at peace with a discharge. I've served my time ;)

But then again, that $5100/month E-7 pay looks pretty good!

MrWray 12-14-2011 05:14 AM

Congrats on the promotion!

trip286 12-14-2011 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06

Yeah same here.

I'm indifferent either way. I'd love to stay in but I'm at peace with a discharge. I've served my time ;)

But then again, that $5100/month E-7 pay looks pretty good!

Not to mention the job security

CarlsbadRanger06 12-14-2011 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286

Not to mention the job security

Yes. Yes that is true.

Did I mention that I HATE liars and wannabe, military posers?!?!?!? Like this assclown "SSGSF" that has the SF tab and is pretending to be deployed? SF? Yet has ZERO grammar, spelling, or punctuation?

g17frantz 12-14-2011 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06

Yes. Yes that is true.

Did I mention that I HATE liars and wannabe, military posers?!?!?!? Like this assclown "SSGSF" that has the SF tab and is pretending to be deployed? SF? Yet has ZERO grammar, spelling, or punctuation?

Agreed. I'm one of those people who kick themselves in the a$$ because I didn't join the military. I'm envious and thankful for those who have served as well as those that do. What you guys do for your country is admirable and i hold you all to the upmost respect. With that being said, as envious as i am, I couldn't see making up a story about serving. A tall tale is one thing, lying about serving is a total low thing to do. You would earn more respect by thanking you guys like every American should do who hasn't served and move on with your life.

CarlsbadRanger06 12-14-2011 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g17frantz

Agreed. I'm one of those people who kick themselves in the a$$ because I didn't join the military. I'm envious and thankful for those who have served as well as those that do. What you guys do for your country is admirable and i hold you all to the upmost respect. With that being said, as envious as i am, I couldn't see making up a story about serving. A tall tale is one thing, lying about serving is a total low thing to do. You would earn more respect by thanking you guys like every American should do who hasn't served and move on with your life.

Thank ya Sir ;)

You're right. Lying the way this dude is lying is lower than a snake's belly....

winds-of-change 12-14-2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 (Post 651557)
Yeah same here.

I'm indifferent either way. I'd love to stay in but I'm at peace with a discharge. I've served my time ;)

But then again, that $5100/month E-7 pay looks pretty good!

Congratulations on the promotion.

That's a darned good monthly income!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.