Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Good Monday Morning! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/good-monday-morning-49986/)

winds-of-change 10-17-2011 10:44 AM

Good Monday Morning!

I get off work at 0700 and I have the next two nights off. I'm going to clean my guns, do some housework, hang around with my son, daughter and granddaughter. In general, I'm not going to do anything too strenous. :) How about you?

spittinfire 10-17-2011 11:18 AM

Good morning to all! I've got two 10 hour work days, followed by an 8 and then two more 10s....Saturday is still up in the as to whether or not I'm working.

Other then that, I'll be hanging out with my wife, my dog and trying to take care of things around the house. Should be a good week.

fmj 10-17-2011 12:56 PM

Hanging a stand behind a buddies house here in the middle of the city. He has had deer eating his garden and almost killed his dog...his wife(she was why I wasnt out there before) told him to tell me to come out after she found her dog broken and bloody. She decided those deer werent quite so "cute" anymore.;)

Then dropping off some resumes...prolly a big waste of time there, but gotta try:rolleyes:

Then some grocery hunting.

CGO 10-17-2011 01:10 PM

Good morning to you all.
As soon as the sun comes up I'll be cleaning the house. Blah...:(

griffin81 10-17-2011 01:26 PM

I've had 3 days off in the last three and a half months. I Would love to have the energy to finish some projects I started in July when it was so hot. Now it's getting perfect weather out I'm working everyday. Oh well that's life I guess.

let the bullets do the talking!

fmj 10-17-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffin81 (Post 603366)
I've had 3 days off in the last three and a half months. I Would love to have the energy to finish some projects I started in July when it was so hot. Now it's getting perfect weather out I'm working everyday. Oh well that's life I guess.

LOL...aint that the catch 22...when you have the time to do stuff, you dont have the money. When you have the money to do it, you dont have the time.

winds-of-change 10-17-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffin81 (Post 603366)

When I get to feeling like that I tell myself I'm happy to have a job. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 603356)
Hanging a stand behind a buddies house here in the middle of the city. He has had deer eating his garden and almost killed his dog...his wife(she was why I wasnt out there before) told him to tell me to come out after she found her dog broken and bloody. She decided those deer werent quite so "cute" anymore.;)

Then dropping off some resumes...prolly a big waste of time there, but gotta try:rolleyes:

Then some grocery hunting.

Can you shoot deer within the city limits? And how did the deer beat the tar out of the dog? I hope the dog will be okay.

Firearms4ever 10-17-2011 04:21 PM

No work today (we're closed on Mondays and Sundays) so I think I'll spend my day researching reloading information. I'll probably watch some of Hickok45's videos on reloading to give me the fever ;).

Boyerracing343 10-17-2011 04:40 PM

My Monday's are always the same.

School from 8-12, then work from 12:50 till 7:30, then homework, housework, and sleep :D

fmj 10-17-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Can you shoot deer within the city limits? And how did the deer beat the tar out of the dog? I hope the dog will be okay.
Yep, to the deer slaying in city limits. Here in the free state of IN we have what are known as "urban deer hunting zones" in an effort to reduce the herd in these areas. Its all archery, but when hunting an urban zone you essentially double all bag limits. In theory i can take 16 antlerless and 2 antlered deer.

The puppy dog has way too much attitude for his little body (hes a yorky poo) and he took exception to the deer being in his yard...the doe stood her ground and whooped the snot out of him. Deer are NOT gentle, defenseless creatures folks like to make them out to be. Hes a lucky pup and should make a full recovery. But his momma wasnt too keen on the staggering vet bill.