Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Good Luck, TX. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/good-luck-tx-6937/)

gorknoids 09-12-2008 10:37 PM

Good Luck, TX.

Looks like the next day or so is going to be legendary.

bkt 09-12-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 40325)
Looks like the next day or so is going to be legendary.

Here's to hoping it's nothing they haven't weathered easily before. Hang tough, Texas. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dillinger 09-12-2008 11:33 PM

a 57 mile wide EYE of this big bugger?!?!? That's CRAZY!!:eek:

For those who used to watch In Living Color there was a funny bit that Jim Carrey used to do that ended with:

"Hit me again Ike - and this time put some STANK on it!"

Probably in poor taste, but that came to me out of nowhere about two days ago....

I feel for the good folks of Texas and hope all goes well for them in the upcoming hours ahead...

JD

Mark F 09-12-2008 11:40 PM

Thanks,

We've been here before! Around midnight tonight IKE will decend on Galveston with CAT 2 force and a 25 foot surge of water. The problem is, some of the highest points of Galveston aren't but 12 feet. OOOOPS...

40% of the people decided to ride out the storm, that was stupid.

Our shelters in the DFW area are filling up FAST, and we will be hit with a diminished IKE but tons of rain, and high winds. It's going to be interesting for the next 24 hours...

Dillinger 09-13-2008 12:09 AM

Man Mark, Sorry about that comment bro. :o

I sincerely hope you and yours escape unscathed.

Best of luck brother!

JD

BigO01 09-13-2008 01:17 AM

If Mother Nature was a real person with all of her destructive powers all of the worlds armies would all bow in awe and subservience to her .

user4 09-13-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigO01 (Post 40361)
If Mother Nature was a real person with all of her destructive powers all of the worlds armies would all bow in awe and subservience to her .

What? Are you a druid now?

BigO01 09-13-2008 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ineffable (Post 40362)
What? Are you a druid now?

What I posted was intended to be sort of a philosophical
way to compare the destructive power of Nature vs Man .

I doubt anyone would find it offensive .

People are losing their homes , businesses and perhaps their lives due to this powerful Hurricane hitting Texas which is about as serious as it gets and you come in here with a Smart azz comment intending to drag a disagreement between us into this thread .

You're one sick immature individual Ineffable , you know that ?

user4 09-13-2008 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigO01 (Post 40380)
What I posted was intended to be sort of a philosophical
way to compare the destructive power of Nature vs Man .

I doubt anyone would find it offensive .

People are losing their homes , businesses and perhaps their lives due to this powerful Hurricane hitting Texas which is about as serious as it gets and you come in here with a Smart azz comment intending to drag a disagreement between us into this thread .

You're one sick immature individual Ineffable , you know that ?

Actually, I am a Texan on the brink if this killer storm and offends me that some fruit cup denies the existence of God, yet talks about mother nature as a person. Try to be a little sensitive. Texans are proud of their God and guns. I apologize if that hurts your feelings. Just trying to lighten the mood.

Mark F 09-13-2008 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 40349)
Man Mark, Sorry about that comment bro. :o

I sincerely hope you and yours escape unscathed.

Best of luck brother!

JD

We'll be just fine, thanks JD