Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Good Day at Work!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Excellent. Congratulations.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #12

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Dragon, stick with it. Heavy equipment operators can make some serious coin. See if the company is willing to pay for your certifications on larger equipment or even cranes. Knowing what I know now after working so long in construction, Crane operator is a very good living.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #13

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Hey having a cab and AC is cheatin. you need open cab and wind blowing in your face.

Wish the companies I ran equipment for had cabs on their equipment. I was lucky if I got a canvas roll up cab.

Way to go. Run heavy junk can be so much fun...

You got a radio in that beast. How big is that bucket?
A cab to keep out the elements and dust makes work alot more enjoyable. I've operated our CAT backhoe in the rain before and it sucks. It has no windows, just a roof. According to Komatsu's home website, the 500 has a bucket capacity of between 5.9 to 8.2 cubic yards, not sure what our's has yet.

It's got a radio but it only seams to pick up the local country station and that pop crap. I can stand country if I like the song, I might take my MP3 player and use my FM transmitter with it.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 05-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Congrats Bro,
More responsibility even with out more coin is a move in the right direction. The $ will come, keep doing what your doing as it seems the boss man must like what he sees!

Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 AM   #15

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Congrats on the move up. That always comes in handy, especially later during review/raise time. I started my current job as a Tech I (lowest level technician) 4 years ago even though I had 30+ years experience. But the next year I got promoted to Tech II and last June promoted to Tech III (the highest technician level without going into lead tech, technologist or management). Luckily, though, I did get a raise with each promotion including a 10% raise for the last one. Unprecedented at this company because anything over 5% has to be approved by the company president. I guess my supervisor felt my abilities and technical knowledge were worth going to the top and fighting for the raise.

So, stand firm with your new responsibilities. In the long run, you'll find that as long as you're doing what you're required to, you'll be noticed and get the extra bucks....

Old 05-15-2009, 05:28 AM   #16

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Good for you!

That Komatsu is like a CAT 988G or so, right?(or is more like an 992?)
As shop supervisor I was able to have some fun with many big Tonkas, and the 988G was one of my favorites, the D9R was my favorite above all others... the only machine that I dislike was the 345H... that machine give us only headaches. Now I miss those days.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 05-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #17

We have a CAT 988 but I'm not sure if it's the "G" model but I know it's old. I know you operate it with a pair of joysticks unlike the Komatsu WA-500 which is operated with a steering wheel. The 500 is a little bigger than a CAT 980G, we have two of them and I hate to operate them. They have 1/4 steer and are very unnatural for someone coming from the CAT 966F machine.

I might take my digi camera to work today and take some pics of my loader and the trucks I load and other equipment we have.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 05-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #18

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
I know you operate it with a pair of joysticks unlike the Komatsu WA-500 which is operated with a steering wheel. The 500 is a little bigger than a CAT 980G, we have two of them and I hate to operate them. They have 1/4 steer and are very unnatural for someone coming from the CAT 966F machine.
Yes, that's right I like the joysticks, since 988F they come that way, I had worked with a 988B (very old) that use steering wheel, a 980H, 966C (very old too)... wheels loaders are fun, be a machinery operator maybe is monotonous and repetitious if you make the same 40hrs. or more each week.... but after all I would make a living from that, I like it.
Congrats on your promotion.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 05-16-2009, 04:40 AM   #19

This picture is from last year, it was taken from the cab of the truck I used to drive (Komatsu HM-300 articucalted truck). This is the stripping crew working on top of the hill. The truck in the pic being loaded is a 400 which is rated for ten tons more than the one I was driving. The loader doing the loadin' is a CAT 988F. The loader on the right on the next ledge up is the one I operate now.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380