Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Good Day at Work! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/good-day-work-13834/)

dragunovsks 05-13-2009 04:38 AM

Good Day at Work!

Got a promotion this week at work, well kinda. The position doesn't pay any more but I get to move around company property more, which is better than being stuck in a back lot watching lime funnel down a hopper at a rate of about 10 tons an hour. The position carries more responsibility however as I have to load 2 HM-400 Komatsu dumptrucks hauling stock and occaisionally load an OTR dumptruck. Kinda makes me feel good about myself and my place at the company when they give you that sort of responsibilty and hand you the keys to one of these.

This is of course not me in the video, just a good clear vid of the machine. Just the other day I was operating a 91' CAT 966F, which is roughly half the size of the WA-500.

Anyway just though I'd share that, just got home from my shift and I was wanting to tell someone and didn't think it would be a good idea to call friends at midnight.

Oh, just like to add that I will thank O'Bama (although I can't stand him) for dumping millions of dollars into Indiana's "Major Moves" project. That means a serious amount of overtime for anyone who works road construction or limestone quarry jobs.

dog2000tj 05-13-2009 04:52 AM

Congratulations. Sorry to here you didn't get a raise though.

dynastyofnext 05-13-2009 05:02 AM

New promotion with non of the benefits except a pretty title. Companies do that to boost morale and increase productivity. I say next time you demand more money, why would you take on a bigger load for the same price. Dont sell out FIGHT THE POWER lol. But congrats.

dragunovsks 05-13-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 105680)
Congratulations. Sorry to here you didn't get a raise though.

Well, see the thing is when I came back off layoff about 2 months ago they bumped me up from 13 an hour to 14.50/hr so, I'm happy for now.

Gojubrian 05-13-2009 05:27 AM

You seem pretty happy about it, so I'm happy for you!! :)

dragunovsks 05-13-2009 01:27 PM

Thanx, I think what happened with my raise was I got bumped up because they switched me from a dumptruck to a loader and then I got another because I went to 2nd shift.

Dillinger 05-13-2009 01:41 PM

That's awesome bro - Congrats!

cpttango30 05-13-2009 01:51 PM

Hey having a cab and AC is cheatin. you need open cab and wind blowing in your face.

Wish the companies I ran equipment for had cabs on their equipment. I was lucky if I got a canvas roll up cab.

Way to go. Run heavy junk can be so much fun...

You got a radio in that beast. How big is that bucket?

orangello 05-13-2009 02:15 PM

Congratulations! Even if you consider this a semi-lateral move, it should make the job more interesting.

Jo da Plumbr 05-13-2009 03:21 PM

Congrats on the bump.

I've had a few promotions without raises over the years. I always found that if I get in and do a good job the pay catches up. I know these days there are a lot of guys that would love to have my job; and would do it for less money.