Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Good books for technical informations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Good books for technical informations

Hi guys, I've searched on the forums for good technical books but I haven't found what I was expecting.

Is there any good book that covers all types of systems/mechanisms/constructive types for guns?

I want some books that cover all mechanisms of a gun (trigger mechanism, bolt lock mechanism, delay blowback mechanism, ...) and for each mechanism show all existing types.

For example, for the bolt (head) to lock to the barrel there are rotative bolts, tilting bolts, roller bolts...

Probably won't exist A book for this, but maybe a collection of books or encyclopedia.

I'm a mechanical engineer, and I have a great passion for guns since I was a kid. What I want is a reference book to study the mechanisms, how everything works and etc. I know that internet is a good source and I've learnt a lot with it, but as you have to search each theme independently, everything is separated, with no logical structure to approach the whole theme.

Thanks

P.s.: I'm from Brazil, and the gun's law here is ridiculously rigid. Our culture is to be afraid of guns. Talking about weapons here is tabu, if you do, people think you are some kind of wacco. Our magazines is ridiculously bad and misleading! There is no way I can found a descent literature on guns here.

P.s.2: sorry, but I couldn't find and appropriated section to create this thread.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2013, 05:22 AM   #2

Liked 229 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Welcome aboard! We are glad to have you here
Head over to the introduction threads and well, introduce yourself

As far as i know, that sort of book doesn't exist out side of a college or apprenticeship tailored to gunsmith. I'd check ebay and amazon is you can, im sure when it's not 1:30 in the morning you'll get some more help

Old 08-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks thatonespot, I will look the introduce threads

I've looked a few gunsmith books. They are very instereting and will help me to understand more on the subject. However, they focus on repair, maintence, manufacture process, not the design process.

I'm almost convinced that I have to compile all these infos myself so I have them sort of organized...