Gold is OMFG! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Gold is OMFG!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

This administration reminds me of a guy who jumped from the 40th floor. As he whizzed past the 28th floor he shouted, "so far so good!"

Old 11-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #12

Liked 50 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Upper management change needed soon !

Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #13
WDB

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Not unexpected but I didn't think it would jump this high this soon.

I wonder how high it will go? I have been thinking of selling what I have but if the dollar continues to weaken then any gain could be lost. Gold has always been a fair investment but I've never seen it go up like it has. I haven't bought any in the past year due to the prices, thought it was just a spike but it looks like that spike is still on the climb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #14

Liked 458 Times on 301 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Not unexpected but I didn't think it would jump this high this soon.

I wonder how high it will go? I have been thinking of selling what I have but if the dollar continues to weaken then any gain could be lost. Gold has always been a fair investment but I've never seen it go up like it has. I haven't bought any in the past year due to the prices, thought it was just a spike but it looks like that spike is still on the climb.
They claim that gold may go as high as $1500.00 an ounce by mid next year. Of course these are the places like Monex that sell gold and other precious metals. Today gold is at $1116.00 an ounce and that is up $9.00 from yesterday. Silver is interesting as it is $17.54 today and that is up 0.16 cents from yesterday. These prices may have moved up or down a bit since I looked this morning. Earlier this week silver was close to $24.00 an ounce I believe and may exceede $21.00 an ounce by end of week.

India bought just recently 200 metric tons of gold from the IRC to fortify their reserve. In dollar value at their time of purchase that is $6.7B.