Gold is OMFG!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Gold is OMFG!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Gold is OMFG!

Only Obama and crew can crash the U.S. dollar this hard...

Gold Hits Record Above $1,100 an Ounce as Dollar Slides

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #2

Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

dididothat.jpg,,,,,,,,,,

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The ****ty thing is that when gold prices are up, but the economy is in the ****ter, mines fall back on their reserves. It sucks too, because I really want to go back to work, but there isn't a market for exploration.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #4

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Inflation is here. Just a short while left before prices go up dramatically. Who didn't see this coming?!

Infuse mass $$$$ into economy = Inflation

Bought gold back when it was just a hair under $500.00 per oz. Wish I had bought more. However, gold traditionally over time hasn't proved to be the best investment. It does, however hedge inflation. I feel that when it exceedes $1200.00 per ounce we'll be in deep shat. May get there soon.

Last edited by mrm14; 11-09-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
The ****ty thing is that when gold prices are up, but the economy is in the ****ter, mines fall back on their reserves. It sucks too, because I really want to go back to work, but there isn't a market for exploration.
Matt G, can you dumb that down for me a bit please? Why wouldn't the mines be going balls-to-the-wall to dig up all they could while there is a good price? The oil field peeps start drilling like crazy when the price is up enough, at least around here.

Are you saying that the mines simply try to dig up everything they know about & don't go looking for new sources, i guess i could understand that (bird in the hand thing).

Old 11-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Huh. That's odd.

I read this and went into my safe to look at my stash of gold. It hasn't changed one bit. The gold I had years ago are exactly the same gold I have today.

So if the gold hasn't changed, but it costs more to buy them, that must mean the dollar has changed. How 'bout that.

I'm really glad our recession is nearing its end (or so we're told by the lying scum-sucking turds on the news).

Old 11-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Matt G, can you dumb that down for me a bit please? Why wouldn't the mines be going balls-to-the-wall to dig up all they could while there is a good price? The oil field peeps start drilling like crazy when the price is up enough, at least around here.

Are you saying that the mines simply try to dig up everything they know about & don't go looking for new sources, i guess i could understand that (bird in the hand thing).
They are going balls to the wall, they're just doing it with ore that they have in reserve, I.E., ore that they know is there, but haven't dug up yet.

Mines employ drilling companies to explore and track ore bodies. We,as drillers, can find ore quicker than they can dig. This gives them a backlog of ore that they need to mine out.

The richest of veins are reserved for the times when gold prices go through the roof and/or the economy is in bad shape. Paired with the backlog of several years worth of mining, and they can cut expenses but still maximize ore production.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:34 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks Matt, that makes more sense.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Matt/Gello:

It is the same in the Oil & Gas Industry, when prices are high Operators (Producing Oil and Gas Companies) will produce all they can, as fast as they can. This production is from existing facilities and infrastructure. However, it can take 3-10 years to develop new reserves from exploration discovery to first production. When the overall economy is good, the Operators will INVEST in new (and high risk) exploration.

With TeamObama in the White House, and with the general anti-business attitude on prominent display, no Operators are willing to invest huge amounts of money on high risk ventures. There is no certainty in the business or regulatory environment today, so Operators are holding on to their cash (or are unwilling, or unable, to borrow for project financing). They are making good money standing still, so why should they assume significant risks in this uncertain environment?

Unfortunately, this uncertainty and lack of investment by the Operators is causing great pains in the service industry sector. Engineering, and oilfield service companies are getting hard hit for lack of business,and people are getting laid off, further depressing the economy. TeamObama seems to be totally oblivious to this cause and effect situation.

Last edited by TXnorton; 11-10-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
Unfortunately, this uncertainty and lack of investment by the Operators is causing great pains in the service industry sector. Engineering, and oilfield service companies are getting hard hit for lack of business,and people are getting laid off, further depressing the economy. TeamObama seems to be totally oblivious to this cause and effect situation.
Yup, from what i've heard, Denbury had a buttload of engineers sitting around waiting on projects last year; i hear they've let a lot of those guys go now. I was told it started to go downhill after fuel prices sank following that speculative surge summer '08.