Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Going to first NHL game Tonite. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/going-first-nhl-game-tonite-20022/)

Gatekeeper 11-12-2009 06:30 PM

Going to first NHL game Tonite.

I've wanted to go to a hockey game for a long time. A buddy from work got tickets the other day so I'm takin my "little" cousin(he's 24, Im gettin old:))to the igloo to watch the Pens play the Devils.
I love hockey but usually only get to watch occasional games except for the playoffs.
My first time watching a game live, Im stoked!!
Go Pens!----Ken

2hot2handle 11-12-2009 06:36 PM

Congrats! I am happy for you. I love watching hockey on TV but there is nothing that can replace watching it live. You get to watch the whole ice, with the line changes and everything else that goes on behind the play that makes it so much better. Have a good time and let us know how it goes. :D wish I could go and watch a game at the igloo, it is supposed to be a great atmosphere. Have fun watching Sid the kid

Gatekeeper 11-12-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2hot2handle (Post 185314)
Congrats! I am happy for you. I love watching hockey on TV but there is nothing that can replace watching it live. You get to watch the whole ice, with the line changes and everything else that goes on behind the play that makes it so much better. Have a good time and let us know how it goes. :D wish I could go and watch a game at the igloo, it is supposed to be a great atmosphere. Have fun watching Sid the kid

Thanks. Buddy said same thing. Says TV doesn't really show the speed of the game or alot of the after-the-whistle activities:D Really looking forward to it!
Pens had a lot of injuries lately, they say Gino (Malkin) is cleared to play tonite, dont know if he's gonna get to play though. Hope so.

2hot2handle 11-12-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper (Post 185319)
Thanks. Buddy said same thing. Says TV doesn't really show the speed of the game or alot of the after-the-whistle activities:D Really looking forward to it!
Pens had a lot of injuries lately, they say Gino (Malkin) is cleared to play tonite, dont know if he's gonna get to play though. Hope so.

Hopefully you will get to see him play. I was amazed when I went and watched him play here in Colorado at how big of a guy he is. He and Sid are fun to watch. Enjoy, you are the envy of my sister who is a major Pens fan. :D

colmustard 11-12-2009 07:20 PM

Nice! I love hockey, cant get enough! I still have yet to see a pro game in person but have been to quite a few minor league games! Nothing like seeing it live! I hope you enjoy it, penguins are really good this year just like last year! They might have a repeat, i am still holding out for the blackhawks!:D

Gatekeeper 11-13-2009 05:33 PM

Had a great time at the game last nite even tho the pens lost:(.
The action is really alot faster than it looks like on TV. I never really knew that they made so many line changes but seeing all that goes on I can see why.
I knew Crosby was fast and seeing him in person was a real eye opener!
I thought he was quick and then he got the puck behind the net and switched into high gear. He made a fake spin, reversed direction and made about 4 moves and spun through traffic in front of the net in the blink of an eye. Made a great shot, but Brodeur made a better save, that dude is unreal in goal. I can see why he's a legend.:cool:
The atmosphere was great, you could actually feel the arena start to shake everytime someone made a big hit or got a breakaway. Cant imagine how wild that place was during the finals!
Had a great time, looking forward to going back!