Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > going bull riding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I rode bulls for about three years. Just as I was going to hit the pro circuit, I danced with a real nasty bull that cost me my hips.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #12

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default bulls and riding them .....lol

It is not a question of( if )you get hurt ....but (when) you get hurt ! I have never had the urge to ride em ....have friends that have . I guess it's all relative ,Ive been in race cars at 150mph + , motorcycles dirt /street .... run around with married women .... with but will not get on anything that weighs 2000 lbs and has a mind of his own good luck and have fun !

Old 07-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #13

Likes Given: 1

thanx and i will try to make it out alive i want to do alot of fun things this year i am also going bungee jumping moutain bicking and elk hunting and whatever else that crosses my mind

Old 07-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2241 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

My experience was with the Mechanical Type at Gillies and other after some beer!
Good thing is when the kick your A---! They don't come hunting you! LOL!
On occasions it still causes pain like one arm being longer than the other if you hold on for the ride and they crank it up! But good luck to you! Kind of reminds you of that country song the 8 seconds on a Bull called Fu Manchu!

Old 07-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You sound like you have the gear covered. Leave the cup at home, it'll only make it hurt worse.

The best thing you can do is talk to the other cowboys there when you draw your bull. Find out what they can tell you about him. Does he blow out? Spin? Shoot? If he spins, is it a flat spin? Does he sunfish? After you find out what he does, ask for advice on how to stay on top. Most of the boys you meet at the local arena have probably been on the local circuit a while and have seen and riden these bulls a time or two.

Also, refrain from telling the other cowboys about the other crazy things you've done or what you plan on doing. (sky diving, bungee jumping, etc.) They'll peg you as a thrill seeker and ignore you at best. At worst, they'll give you bad information and that could get you hurt. To them, rodeo isn't a sport. It's a passion, a way of life and they take it very personal and serious.

Best of luck to you and make sure someone has a camera ready. It may be a short ride, but you'll want that pic.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #16

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default another crazy " deathwish'' sport

Bull riding is crazy enough ,but what ever happened to hang gliding ? Is it dead or has it evolved /morphed into the sky flying craze ....parachuting with the flying squirrel type suit ? The skyflying videos kick a(*&^%

Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #17

electric or real deal? I have allways wanted to try

Old 07-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #18

Likes Given: 1

Default real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_tap View Post
electric or real deal? I have allways wanted to try
the real deal i live in gunnison we dont have a fake one in our town it a realy small town my friend told me since i am bigger i have to ride his biggest one that has an addtiuted problem