Goin on a cruise - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Goin on a cruise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1798 Times on 1003 Posts
Likes Given: 1177

Have a great time. And good for you leaving your kids with the in-laws. I am amazed at all the stupid people that go a cruise hoping for romance and bring their kids along!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

dango Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2991 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 17634

ArrrrrH matey , baton down them hatches and snivel them timbers , twuxt , yawn , etc. ..! Have a safe and fun time Bro. don't eat the water..!

Some pics will be expected..!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:58 AM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7013 Times on 4220 Posts
Likes Given: 8449

I went on a Caribbean cruise in 2002 with 17 other family members. It was for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary and renewal of their vows. It was a WONDERFUL experience. I had a great time and would definitely take another cruise. Enjoy. Cruises are great fun.

dango Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #14
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 941 Times on 561 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Been on 4 or 5 of them, love it, go to bed in one place wake up somewhere else the next morning. Last one we took we went out of Baltimore,only about a 5 hour drive for us and we got 2 extra "at sea" days on the way to and from the carribean, no plane fare either.

Always went Royal carribean, not sure why just worked out that way.

By the way I work with a guy who was on that last carnival ship that had the problems. He said that it was not nearly as bad as the reporters made it sound, He would not hesitate to go again.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #15

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

It's a great time to go on a cruise. The cruise industry is having to cut pries drastically to lure customers in the shadow of the carnival disaster, and industry is hyper aware that they must have everything go perfectly. They know they cannot receive any more black eyes and maintain their business. Soooo ... they are being extremely careful that everything goes perfectly.

Cheap fares - excellent service - smaller crowds - what could be better!?

Old 03-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2708 Times on 1578 Posts
Likes Given: 1529

My wife reminded me of a great tip: TAKE TRAVEL MUGS WITH YOU. SOME SOFT DRINKS ARE INCLUDED (COFFEE, TEA, ICED TEA) IN CRUISE PRICE, BUT THE GLASSES AND MUGS ARE USUALLY SMALL.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #17

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
Been on 4 or 5 of them, love it, go to bed in one place wake up somewhere else the next morning. Last one we took we went out of Baltimore,only about a 5 hour drive for us and we got 2 extra "at sea" days on the way to and from the carribean, no plane fare either.

By the way I work with a guy who was on that last carnival ship that had the problems. He said that it was not nearly as bad as the reporters made it sound, He would not hesitate to go again.
Yea i read a review on carnivals website about the "poop cruise". A lady commented that the situation while inconveinent wasnt as bad as reported because people where having thier "pity parties" and taking pictures of the bad and just all around bitching about it. The commenter said it was uncomfortable but the crew did a great job to help make the situation better.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #18

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
My wife reminded me of a great tip: TAKE TRAVEL MUGS WITH YOU. SOME SOFT DRINKS ARE INCLUDED (COFFEE, TEA, ICED TEA) IN CRUISE PRICE, BUT THE GLASSES AND MUGS ARE USUALLY SMALL.
Thanks for that tip, i hadnt thought of that. We plan on sticking with the free drinks, tea or lemonade for me, i cant stand coffee. Ill probably have a beer once in awhile tho and my wife said she wants a "pretty" drink...rolleyes

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #19
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7013 Times on 4220 Posts
Likes Given: 8449

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post

The one cruise I went on was Royal Carribean. They tend to be a little "higher class". More dress up sort of events. Carnival Cruise and Sandals Cruises tend to be a little more relaxed. Look into the various cruises and decide what style suits you best.

A few years ago my son and a bunch of his friends went on a Carnival Cruise. The had a blast and they videoed a lot of their antics and I laughed until I cried. One of the guys was a kind of hefty guy. He entered a dance contest and competed against some very well built, muscular young men. Well, his dance was hysterical and everyone voted him the winner. Later that day the captain announced over the PA system there would be a buffet served in honor of Steve.....and then he said over the PA, jokingly, "I love you, Steve." The guys had a rip roaring time.

Now, if you want peaceful and romantic, take a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:55 AM   #20
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 941 Times on 561 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The staff on every cruise we were on was great, and most had a great sense of humor. On one of our cruises my then wife at dinner the first night asked the waiter from the bar ( you have like 3 or 4 people serving you at dinner) "could I have something pink in a martini glass?" he looked at her confused and she repeated her order so off he went to the bar and brought something back. The next night at dinner she asked him for something green in a champagne glass. By the third night we couldnt get sat down before the waiter was there to see what combination she came up with for that night. 7 nights 7 different color and glass combinations she never ordered a specific drink. He started to take it as a challenge based off of her feedback from the previous nights to find something she would like.

Good grief thinking about it has got me ready to start packing.