God, Ghosts and other faith based beliefs - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > God, Ghosts and other faith based beliefs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I wasn't offended. I would like to challenge your last statement though. You said, "How's that? How many of you did I truly offend? Not that any of it matters; we'll find out the TRUTH soon enough, when our time comes, no matter what we might happen to believe. And no, I'm not worried about not having accepted Christ as my Savior - the majority of the world hasn't either, and they ALL can't be wrong, can they?

[If you said "yes" to that last bit, isn't that a little presumptuous and egotistical of you, that YOU got "it" right, while the Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Sun Worshipers, Animists, etc., got "it" wrong?] "

What if we are right? What if that IS the only way? isn't it worth a little investigation? Also, I believe some of the other religions would tell me I am wrong in my beliefs in one way or another. Jesus said, I am the truth, the way and the light, NO ONE comes to father but thru me.
That's a bold statement so either he is 100% off his rocker or he's telling the truth, I see no room for anything in between.

Also, your statement, "Why create emotions like hate, jealousy, envy, greed, avarice, sloth, etc? "
God has some of the characteristics. He is a jealous God, like a jealous husband. If someone is drawing my wife's attention I'm going to get jealous. If another "god" draws our attention, God gets jealous.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Yes, it's too bad we can't get any of these damn ghosts to spill the beans about what it is really like on the other side and more importantly, what's Elvis up to these days.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-17-2009, 12:48 AM   #13

As for aliens, well, I take a little turn to left-field here:

I believe (and science backs me so far) that the universe is so large, that we have no concept of just how large it is. We have never even found the 'edge' of the universe, if it even exists in the first place.

I have a theory that our God created the heavens (aka, the universe) and the earth (aka, our little speck of dust in the heavens). I believe that while God created man, he may also have created other "men" like beings. After all, why not? Why couldn't/wouldn't God have created several civilizations in the corners of space? Who is to say they know what God is thinking, or has done? Isn't it awfully selfish to think that we're the only form of intelligent life that has EVER existed or will ever exist in this crazy huge place?

(just to clarify, basically what I'm saying is that if there are aliens, which I'm not positive there arent, I believe that God made them just as we were made)
[/QUOTE]

I agree. To me, it would be very arrogant of us as humans to think that the Earth is the only planet with life, when there are millions of universes, possibly just like ours, with some form of life.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.

Last edited by supergus; 06-17-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #14

I think to limit God's capacity to only Earth is to limit God himself. If you look at the human body in all of it's complexity, I don't see how you could fail to see God as the greatest scientist of all time! What we would consider aliens would be just another of his creations!

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446