GOA or NRA - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

GOA or NRA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:34 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Please forgive my ignorance but who or what are the GOA? This genuine enquiry I have never heard the term before.

Thanks...........
They are the Gun Owners of America group.

http://www.gunowners.org/

Old 12-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #12

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

I am a NRA member have been for 10 years. From what I have read the GOA seam to me to be a bit more of a fringe org. I think they spend too much time tryign to bash the NRA when they shoud be working with the NRA to help correct things they think are bad when the NRA is working on something.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:23 AM   #13

For what is worth and bareing in mind that I am not a US national or resident (tried hard but another story) I would like to remind everyone of the UK example of a less than united front to gun control policy will do.

In the UK at the time we had of course our NRA but a great number of other associations all putting forward their own agendas, pistol and clay shooters etc. The net result was the goverment and anti gun interests where able to control the media and win over the general voting public, stating that society in general would be a safer, and better place to live if the legally owned gun where removed. They won the arguement, sadly, and of course the UK is still as crime ridden without them. The danger to legally owned firearms is the voting public, once you convince them that all guns and gunowners are a potential danger to society as a whole they will legislate against you, and then you are on a sticky wicket because the power of the law is on their side. Any blatent resistance to gun laws then would add fuel to their arguement.

From an outsiders point of view I think the NRA over there are doing a sterling job. I wish our shooting community and NRA had been made of the same stuff, we might still be shooting pistols at Bisley, still to late for the UK shooters. Support the NRA, good luck!

Old 12-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like the GWB better then the other two

Old 12-31-2007, 07:05 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm up to Patron Level in NRA- that is above Life, Beneficiary, and Endowment.
You all must not know how the NRA has Stabbed all gun owners in the back recently with a Closed-Door meeting with the Second Amendment's Greatest Foes- Please check out my link:

http://www.nrawol.net

After seeing this I became a life member at JPFO, I wrote several letters to the NRA, letting them know that they will not be receiving any more money from me!

Last edited by billdeserthills; 12-31-2007 at 07:08 AM.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:53 PM   #16

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I've been a member of the NRA for 28 years. I was a member of GOA but when they started bashing the NRA I quit. We gun owners need to stuck together not in-fight. The anti's love when the GOA knocks the NRA. If it wasn't for the NRA the GOA wouldn't exist because the Libs. would have had all our guns long ago! The NRA is the most respected and FEARED organization in DC. The Liberals hate it and that's good enough for me!

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The NRA is you -- its members ... millions of Americans representing a diverse contrast of age, sex, race and religion. You're patriots one and all. You believe in the Constitution, staunch in the defense of your rights, and you actively pursue some of this country's finest traditions - Hunting and Sports Shooting. Since its incorporation in 1871, the NRA has grown as a service organization involved in all aspects of the shooting sports and a proud defender of the Bill of Rights.