GOA or NRA
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > GOA or NRA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default GOA or NRA

I am new to this forum, and I like it so far. There's cops, and guys who don't like cops, gun nuts, and regular firearms users, seemingly a good variety albeit all of a pro gun stripe. So thanks for having a great forum.

I have a few guns of my own, and have had guns of some sort since I was 18 years old, now 41.

Got a beautiful 12 gauge back when I was 18. It was cheap, $150 or so, every penny I had. No vented ribs, modified choke. But on each side of the breach it has beautiful engravings of ducks taking off from a marsh. Walnut stock. The action slides real smooth, better than my cousins brand new Remy 12 ga. Anyways, I digress...

The second amendment, our God given right, our precious heritage stemming from the wisdom of great men, is under attack from little people beholden for their own personal gain to huge forces that are hidden in plain sight.

We need to support those who can fight for our rights. Is the NRA the right bunch, or GOA?

Where do you all put your scarce memberships and $$ for fighting for rights?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2007, 12:28 AM   #2

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

They each have good points and bad points, I like the GOA for the most part. and welcome to the boards

Old 12-15-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like what the GOA stands for more so than the NRA. However, the size of the NRA makes it the only real pro-gun group that can do any real protection of our second amendment rights.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Last edited by BLS33; 12-15-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:08 AM   #4

I'm an NRA Endowment Member. Guess that tells you my vote on this topic. I agree that both GOA and NRA each have their strong points and even some detractors. However, politicians have more respect or fear for the NRA. Both groups lobby hard for our 2nd amendment rights.

The NRA has been around the longest since 1871 and has many programs to benefit members. Go to www.nra.org and check us out!

USAF Retired MSGT NRA Endowment Life Member

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col Jeff Cooper

Old 12-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #5

Some time next year if money is not tight, both my youngest son and I will be joining the NRA and may join the GOA as well.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #6

Upon looking over the NRA sight for a short period, I find, among other links, "The NICS Improvement Bill: Myth and Reality", and others.

Well when I see a myths vs facts link, I know if I click there, I am about to propagandized. I could not find NRA's position on H.R. 2640.

Why wouldn't the NRA post their position right there in place sight?

There's something wrong with that. I smell a rat.

Last edited by mhandley; 12-15-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: type

Old 12-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #7

The NRA supports H.R. 2640. and helped draft the bill. It was piss poor wording with no thought about financing this bill

Old 12-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #8

Well I wonder what knd of 2nd amendment rights group the NRA is if it supports this legislation.

Are they serendipitously part of the gun control crowd?

That's some of the information I am hearing.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhandley View Post
Well I wonder what knd of 2nd amendment rights group the NRA is if it supports this legislation. Are they serendipitously part of the gun control crowd? That's some of the information I am hearing.
You need to check your sources if that's what you are hearing. The NRA is in no uncertain terms the most effective PRO gun organization on the face of the planet!

Read this; http://www.nraila.org//Issues/Articles/Read.aspx?ID=246

Unfortunately there are some gun owner organizations who are motivated by their desire for increased membership, therefore more money. They spread disinformation and untrue rumors regarding the NRA. Have mistakes been made? Sure, you bet. Will everyone always agree with everything the NRA does? Not humanly possible.

Make your own choice. One which spends time and money bashing other gun owners, or another that spends time and money lobbying congress and state legislatures to get the best deal possible, which is the ugly fact of life in politics.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 12-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #10

Default Pioneer

Please forgive my ignorance but who or what are the GOA? This genuine enquiry I have never heard the term before.

Thanks...........