Glock 27 point of impact
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Glock 27 point of impact

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 27 point of impact

I am new to this forum and appreciate being able to join it. i recently purchased a glock 27 and if I line the sights up level i shoot really low at 10 yards. I also have a .45 Kimber that I line the front sight up even with the back sight and it hits perfectly out to 20 yards so I expected that with my Glock. At 10 yards in order to be accurate I have to place the front sight dot above the rear sight. It looks like a ball sitting on a shelf. This is my first glock so I am unfamiliar with the intricacies of the weapon. It is fixed site...so my question is....is it me? Can I purchase a taller rear sight to install?

I certainly am no handgun expert....the aiming is just different from what I have ever done with any of my weapons. I appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I am no Glock expert here, there are others on here that have Glocks and may have another solution, but if you are only doing it with the new Glock, I would think that is because the Glock trigger has a longer pull and is just different enough from the other triggers like your Kimber, with a shorter pull.

Practice dry firing the Glock more and shoot it more to get used to how the trigger feels. Don't adjust the sights or aim high to compensate. Just dry fire to get an idea of what a correct trigger break with a Glock feels like and then follow up with some good slow fire practice. Focus on a perfect trigger press, every time.

I think you will see improved results after doing this.

Jack

P.S. Mods may need to move these posts to the Handguns/Glock section.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Last edited by IGETEVEN; 11-20-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Possible post move

Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #3

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I'm not a Glock guy either but isn't the 27 a tiny one? Perhaps they sight them in at closer than 10 yards. It's also possible it's just "off" - I had a Taurus that shot way low and I filed down the front sight...

Old 11-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2996 Times on 1561 Posts
Likes Given: 279

VERY common for people to hit low with a Glock. Generally low left for right handed shooters. Try it from a solid rest to eliminate the shooter input, you will likely see a very different point of impact.

Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #5

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I might suggest that you look further down into the FTF website and you will see a room for nothing but Glocks. Maybe you can find more answers there from people who own or know more about them.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #6
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The G27 doesn't allow for a full grip and has a shorter barrel than your kimber due to it's size. It is also a .40 S&W and to a 45 acp. Add in the trigger compared to your kimber I expect it shoots much differently. I doubt the G27 is expected to be used at 20 yards but with practice it should do well at 10 yards.

My Girlfriend has a G27 and shoots it well at 5-10 yards. Robo gave good advice try and shoot it from a rest to figure out if it's you or the sights on the firearm.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #7

Yes the 27 is a tiny one....maybe i am just not used to shooting such a small weapon...i am going to try the advice of igeteven and see if the results change... but i may have to take drastic measures....we will see i guess

Old 11-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #8

Thanks i am going to try shooting from a rest and some shooting exercises this weekend...i appreciate the help ...at least i have a direction to go with now

Old 11-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #9

Your suggestions worked! I used a lot more trigger control today and was very surprised to notice how long the trigger pulll really is on the G27....at first i was hitting at the right height but to the left...then i noticed my grip on the pistol....i consciously held the pistol grip a little different and whammo....8 shots in 1 1/2" circle at 10 yds. then i went to 20 yards and rested on my tailgate and 8 shots in a 4 1/2" circle.....very different from my first day out with the baby! i will have to practice more for these changes to become "el natural" for me...but now i can shoot fine by thinking about what I am doing! Thanks for all your help and advice.....i went from disgust to feeling really great about my acquistion!

Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Glad to hear you had a good time out. Keep it up and you should do well.