Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Global warming in north Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 993 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Didn't really mean to start a political discussion, but have at it.
Sorry Lonyaeger I was the one who derailed the thread, I misread it's intention. BTW as a former amateur photographer I agree that is a nice picture. Simply placing the tree off center makes it interesting to look at.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #23

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts

Thanks, Yunus, you must know about the "rule of thirds."

Old 02-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #24

Likes Given: 2

I am pretty opinionated when it comes to global warming. All i will say is: My children in East Texas saw an actual snow storm for the first time in their lives yesterday, and the oldest is 13. Wife tried to ask me when I had last seen actual snow in Texas, and I showed her a pic I took while we were dating of me and the kids outside in shorts the day after X-mas. She believed me when I said I couldn't remember.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Before you claim to have debunked Global Warming you should really research it. I found articles as old as 1996 that state that "Global Warming" will disrupt weather patterns and cause more extreme weather both in the summer and winter. I can also site sources on both sides of the issue that state you cannot prove or disprove this looking at only one or even just a few years worth of data.

Weather = what's happening in an area at the time or in a short window of time.
Climate = long term trends of what is occurring.

Whoever decided to call it Global Warming was trying to get a reaction out of people in it backfired. It's better described as Global Climate change. I don't try to pretend that I know if it was man-made or not but I do believe the Climate has been and is changing quite drastically in our lifetimes.
As far back as 1996, huh? Go back 20 years farther, my friend, and the very same scientific literature is predicting Global Cooling.
Here's what didn't tell us then and they don't tell you now. The Earth does not follow a stable orbit around the sun; even the length of an orbit changes slightly. Are these things taken into consideration? No. Why not? Because they are totally unpredictable; caused by lunar orbit, the fluctuating gravity of the sun, solar storms and even the interaction of the planets themselves. The only thing they know for certain is that the planet does move back and forth as we travel around the sun and a distance of less than 100 miles can measurably effect the weather.
In short, the human race could become extinct tomorrow and produce zero carbon emissions for the next 1000 years and have zero effect on the climate. There is no form of energy in our solar system more powerful, or potentially more destructive, than our own sun. By and large, climatologists are not well versed in astro-physics.

Last edited by crossfire; 02-12-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #26

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
As far back as 1996, huh? Go back 20 years farther, my friend, and the very same scientific literature is predicting Global Cooling.
Here's what didn't tell us then and they don't tell you now. The Earth does not follow a stable orbit around the sun; even the length of an orbit changes slightly. Are these things taken into consideration? No. Why not? Because they are totally unpredictable; caused by lunar orbit, the fluctuating gravity of the sun, solar storms and even the interaction of the planets themselves. The only thing they know for certain is that the planet does move back and forth as we travel around the sun and a distance of less than 100 miles can measurably effect the weather.
In short, the human race could become extinct tomorrow and produce zero carbon emissions for the next 1000 years and have zero effect on the climate. There is no form of energy in our solar system more powerful, or potentially more destructive, than our own sun. By and large, climatologists are not well versed in astro-physics.
There are also the perturbations in the Earth's rotation that dramatically affect global temperatures and climate. Magnetic pole reversals over the eons have raised holy Hell with the climate, and life, on this 4+ billion year old rock in space. With CO² comprising only 0.037% of the gases in our atmosphere, the "climatologists'" claims of that causing temperature increases are farts in the wind (even though Methane is a huge greenhouse gas). Water vapor (not drops) comprises 4% of the gases and it's hundreds of time more a greenhouse gas than CO² could ever be. So are the "climatologists" going to ban water vapor? Are they going to demand that the ocean quit allowing evaporation? Climate change? Yes, it does happen. Is it human induced? Not in the slightest.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I don't try to pretend that I know if it was man-made or not but I do believe the Climate has been and is changing quite drastically in our lifetimes.
The climate has been changing since BEFORE mankind inhabited this plant! Ice Ages, polar shifts and all tyes of NATURAL events have caused climate change over the eons. Take a look at a photo of the earth taken from the moon, and then tell me that humans can drastically change what you see!

Having said that, should we try to minimize what impact humans make on the planet? To a reasonable degee YES, but the USA should not unilaterally sacrifice our economy and our quality of life while the third world does NOTHING!

TXnorton

Old 02-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #28

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

There are two basic beliefs in the global warming science community.

1. We are making it happen.
2. Natural acurance.

Both sides say they have proof, when in fact the proof is scant at best. In the Natural occurrence arena science shows we have trends in climate change and are soon (with in a 100 years maybe) to start a world mini ice age, which happens around every 500 years.

There data is good and sound, but the question they leave out is, "how is man affecting the coming mini ice age?"

The “we are causing global warming arena,” does not take in to account the history of global climate change as a natural occurrence. The fanatics on this issue like al gore tend to blame everything on humans. Are humans responsible for global climate change? I believe we do have some responsibility in the change of climate but that it is a very small part, and not enough to really effect massive change.

The Photo of D&FW area is a really good photo, I like it and it would look nice right next to my Photo of west Tx. snow some place around 1980-1982 I just don’t remember when I took the photo but I will try and find it and scan it to post.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Mail Online

Admission of manipulated, if not actually disregarded/lost data.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:45 AM   #30

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I seen a show that was looking at climate change. If you look into it the sensors that are being used are in the middle fo cities where it stays warmer than in surrounding areas.

It also pointed out that many were mounts incorrectly and because of that were giving false data. It found that 75+% of the sensors were incorrectly mounted causing huge errors in readings.