Global warming in north Texas - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Global warming in north Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Snowing in Atlanta as we speak, I hope it doesn't make it further South...

Old 02-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Before you claim to have debunked Global Warming you should really research it. I found articles as old as 1996 that state that "Global Warming" will disrupt weather patterns and cause more extreme weather both in the summer and winter. I can also site sources on both sides of the issue that state you cannot prove or disprove this looking at only one or even just a few years worth of data.

Weather = what's happening in an area at the time or in a short window of time.
Climate = long term trends of what is occurring.

Whoever decided to call it Global Warming was trying to get a reaction out of people in it backfired. It's better described as Global Climate change. I don't try to pretend that I know if it was man-made or not but I do believe the Climate has been and is changing quite drastically in our lifetimes.
I have read a lot on global warming over the last few years. This is a good place to start.
The `Hockey Stick':
A New Low in Climate Science
by John L. Daly
The Hockey Stick: A New Low in Climate Science
Another good source is DR Roy Spencer.
Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 02-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

We had a few inches of snow here in MS; it is pretty. It didn't create any significant driving hazards, yet, but a hard freeze is expected tonight.

My cat looked very very confused when it went outside.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 02-12-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

All this "climate change" is what we in the NW call "Seasons". we got winter, spring, summer, and fall. It's cat's and dogs living together. Summer gets all hot and we strip down to our skivvys, the all of a sudden 6 months later we get all cold and go "Brrrrrrrrr.....Lord why have you forsaken us!"

Freakin retards

Old 02-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
All this "climate change" is what we in the NW call "Seasons". we got winter, spring, summer, and fall. It's cat's and dogs living together. Summer gets all hot and we strip down to our skivvys, the all of a sudden 6 months later we get all cold and go "Brrrrrrrrr.....Lord why have you forsaken us!"

Freakin retards
A true wordsmith at work...

Old 02-12-2010, 07:07 PM   #16

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Yunus I do respect you and all. But Global climate change has been happening since the earth was born umpteen billion years ago. The earth is alway in a state of flux. Did man have something to do with it sure we are pumping bad things into the air water adn soil. Is man the only cause HELL NO. Just like Ca spending millions of dollars monitoring cow farts it is a bunch of hippy tree huggin BULL FARTS.

If there is no climate change how the hell did we get an ice age? How did the earth heat up once again after that and melt the ice layers that were covering the globe almost down to the tropics?

Your global climate change has changed the average temp in the USA 1 single degree in over 100 years. That is not really global climate change to me.

I know your the most liberal of us here man but stop believing Al Gore. Mr I invented the internet. I wish someone would just stick a ball in his mouth and beat him till he admits global warming is fake.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #17

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

.........^ Spotted Owl Gore living his dream!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #18

Yes it has gotten warmer over the last 20,000 years.

Quote:
The tongue of the ice sheet that flowed into Illinois came from the north. It became known as the Lake Michigan Lobe because it flowed as a river of ice through the Lake Michigan Basin before it spread out into central Illinois. When the glacier reached its southernmost limit about 20,000 years ago, the ice was a mile thick at Chicago
DNR

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 02-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #19

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Didn't really mean to start a political discussion, but have at it.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #20

"I know your the most liberal of us here man but stop believing Al Gore. Mr I invented the internet. I wish someone would just stick a ball in his mouth and beat him till he admits global warming is fake"-cpttango30

If he has a ball in his mouth nobody wouldn be able to hear him admit global warming is fake so they'ed just keep beating on him...............not that it would bother me or anything.

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Last edited by flyingbrickracing; 02-12-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: giving credit