Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   The Club House (
-   -   The "Glad I got that finished....FINALLY!" Thread (

Dillinger 04-19-2011 07:28 PM

The "Glad I got that finished....FINALLY!" Thread
We all have them. Little chores or looming hurdles that you know have to be done, you have been struggling with them, or plain avoiding them all together.

It's there, in the back of your mind, just nagging away at you like Tango's first wife. You know you need to knuckle down and just do it instead of procrastinating, but it's just easier to look the other way.

Well, this thread is for when you finally can't put it off any longer and do the damn thing!!

Today I finished my 40 hours of prep course for my PMP Certification and spent all morning justifying the last 8 years of my working life in hours spent on 22 or 23 Project Management Principlies for registration for camp in May.

I am the first from the company that has been selected, and given the shortest time frame to get everything done, so I have been STRESSED out lately.

But it's finally done and it feels GREAT!!!

Now I just have to worry about the 4 day mind numbing parrot session followed by the 4 hour 200 question exam. :eek::eek:

So, what's been on your back burner that you finally finished??

jca1 04-19-2011 09:43 PM

I finally finished finishing stuff. From now on I refuse to finish anything I start.

Gordo323 04-20-2011 02:21 AM

Well, I actually finished it a few years ago , but is always a work in progress.
I bought this 79 Sportster as a basket case for $500. I immediately tore it completely down and had the frame powdercoated. Then it sat in my garage for about 6 months and I never touched it, but it gnawed at me everynight asI walked past the pile of parts.
Had some friends over one night, drinking beer and smoking out in the garage, and one of them said "when the eff are you ever going to finish that bike?".
I guess that was all it took. Next day I took the heads and jugs down to a local machine shop and dropped off for the work I couldn't do. 3 months and 2 grand later I was riding it!
Now I can't find time to ride much. Gotta work on that next!

doctherock 04-20-2011 03:08 AM

Nice Bike. Dillinger I will post pics of the room I started just as soon as I find time to finish the window trim.

falseharmonix 04-20-2011 03:32 AM

I hope to one day put "finishing my violin performance degree" in this post. Until then.....:rolleyes:

doctherock 04-20-2011 03:37 AM

I can honestly post, I have finished polishing the skin flute, on here.

falseharmonix 04-20-2011 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by doctherock (Post 490095)
I can honestly post, I have finished polishing the skin flute, on here.

Thought it said "practicing" the skin flute.....:rolleyes::D

doctherock 04-20-2011 03:45 AM

No miss doctherock is practicing the skin flute.

skullcrusher 04-20-2011 07:02 AM

I've never finished anything in my life. Youse guys are the shizzle. :D

skullcrusher 04-20-2011 07:24 AM

I've never finished anything in my life. Youse guys are the shizzle. :D