Girlfriend/wife issues/boyfriend/ husband issues with guns? haha - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Girlfriend/wife issues/boyfriend/ husband issues with guns? haha

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGO View Post
There's no issues with owning guns with my husband and I. He's a gunsmith...
Lucky man!!!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #42
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7983 Times on 4791 Posts
Likes Given: 10264

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Gello- you start looking for the girl that has better guns than YOU do!!

Called marrying up.

Serious advice to the OP- this is the sort of thing you need to get sorted out. No, am not going to suggest the Neanderthal approach- that rarely works in real life. But DO take her shooting with you. Even if SHE does not wind up digging it (and she very well may) she SHOULD appreciate what it means to you- as YOU should appreciate the things that are important to her. If you two cannot do that to give each their space, my crystal ball sees strife, misery, and anxiety ahead.

I bought my lady rubies- because I love the look on her face when she puts them on. She once gave me an Othello Red Dot throwing knife (Solingen, Germany) because she knows I like stuff like that. Called being happy by making each other happy.
Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about. Mutual respect in the marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
Haha yup. I said "well clothes shoes dresses and jewry are your lil toys, I just want two toys...trucks and guns" she said "I get it but I just dk" I think she more doesn't see a point in having guns and think a rifle a shotgun will do lol. told her I'm the man I protect my family. She didn't have a come back to that. Told her "I don't want to be calling the cops who 5 mins away when someone has a knife to Ur neck trying to steal all you're precious jewelry babe." and she fell for it and Infact she asked me if she can try some of my rifles just so she can get used to it and "check out whats so cool about shooting"...I said hell yes. Guess what were doing this weekend
Quote:
Got it sir , im going to give her a .22 and slowly move up all the way to .308 for the weekend
I can almost guarantee she's going to love shooting. Let her watch you shoot the guns first so she can see the recoil and know what to expect. I was handed an Uzi first and fell in love with the thing. I also shot an SKS and did pretty good. It took me a while to get used to handguns. Don't expect her to go all the way to a .308. Let her decide when she feels the recoil is getting to much. Let her move forward at her own pace. Make it fun. My first time shooting I was at an outdoor range and got a big kick out of the 'plink' of hitting those metal targets. It was fun to see them spin or sway, too.

Again, let me stress to not expect her to shoot a .308 on her first time out and don't be disappointed in her if she doesn't. If all else fails, let me take her shooting.

Let me also say, if my husband hadn't left me, I would probably never have gotten into guns. Out of terrible life events, sometimes something good just may happen. After raising my kids as a single Mom, I am finally having the time of my life.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-23-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8965 Times on 5209 Posts
Likes Given: 11788

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
If all else fails, let me take her shooting.
94Browning,
I would so highly recommend you take Winds up on this offer. Having another woman who is passionate about shooting can get you where you want to be.

Also, on another note, as mentioned by somebody else, guns are a great investment. Kind of like land except they are making more guns (not so of land ) If you buy quality and take care of your guns they will almost always increase in value over time.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #44
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22027 Times on 12418 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

both my two ex-wives didn't care for guns and both thought they were going to "restrict me" in the number of guns i would own. notice i said, ex-wives. it wasn't about money, as i have had good jobs where i made decent money, and all the bills were paid, it was about them thinking they would control me. my current wife is way more practical and as long as our needs are taken care of, then my wants are fair game. she is much more understanding and has more common sense than my first two wives did. my current wife does shoot with me sometimes and we talk about guns. she doesn't have the same level of fascination with guns as i do, but she does like them to some degree. one of my ex-wives didn't even want to allow me to keep my guns in the house and want me to keep them in the garden shed!

these types of issues need to be resolved long before there is a marriage, as if not, they will come back to haunt you and cause problems in the marriage.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #45
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1847 Times on 1145 Posts
Likes Given: 10401

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
these types of issues need to be resolved long before there is a marriage, as if not, they will come back to haunt you and cause problems in the marriage.
94 Browninghunt.This is 100% true, been there, done that. Good luck with her at the range, and I hope she enjoys it. If she does, the two of you will have a much stronger relationship in the end. Trust me , I know.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I ownn just a few short of 10 guns right now. My Bf owns at least 20 and just got 2 more. I think we are even on the love of guns. We have started buying for our boys, I have 2 he has 1, we dont have any together. They are 6,5,4.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You can check us out online at www.copesdistributing.net

You can call us 1-866-523-2673 ask for Carmen Misty or Geri.

WE CHANGED OUR HOURS:
Monday-Friday 9:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.

NEW SHOP NUMBERS ARE:
937-459-5208
937-459-5247
937-459-5318
937-459-5361

To talk to me press EXT 201
You can be our friend on Facebook:http://www.facebook.co...me.php?

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Cope's Distributing; 02-24-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #47

communication and comprimise are very important parts of a relationship or marriage and if there are disagreements about viewpoints and opinions of firearms, they need to be addressed early on, not later. a lot of women just don't understand the mentality of men and their guns. so if the there is to be harmony in the relationship or marriage, there needs to be understanding. find out what she doesn't like about them, is it financial reasons, a fear of guns or a viewpoint she was brought up with from her families views on guns? communication and comprimise will solve most any conflicts and allow both parties to be happy.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #48

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
If all else fails, let me take her shooting.
Definitely will take you up on that offer ma'm , thanks for the guidance!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #49

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Axxe55, i agree with you! thanks

Cant wait to take my girl out to the range! thank you all for your opions/guidance/tips in life

Old 02-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #50

Quote:
Axxe55, i agree with you! thanks

Cant wait to take my girl out to the range! thank you all for your opions/guidance/tips in life
just the byproducts and experiance of two divorces and being much younger and having to learn the hard way! i am much older and hopefully wiser, and married to an very undstanding woman who doesn't mind my enthusiasm for guns. maybe when i was younger, i could have done things differently, but there were other problems than just my firearms habit that did lead to divorce. my current wife, and i talked about many things in general and we found that we had many interests and hobbies in common and our viewpoints and thoughts were in line with each others. it is easier when two people have much in common to be able to work through differences, but two people with opposing views, that love each other can work through differences of opinions if they want to. it just takes more understanding, communication and comprimise to do so.