Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Girlfriend/wife issues/boyfriend/ husband issues with guns? haha

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I only had a few guns, all in storage, when about five years ago my wife decided I worked too much and needed a hobby. Seems like an expensive hobby to her, but she understands that marriage is full of trade offs. I'm happy to provide the things that are important to her and she wants to do the same for me. As for the guns (and only the guns) it has become a don't ask, don't tell relationship. If she wants to know how many WE own she can look in the safe.

If adding to your collection makes you happy then I'm sure she'll understand. IF NOT, figure it out soon. Remember this is no different than if you are passionate about golf, sailing, or rock climbing. All expensive and time consuming pursuits.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #22

Liked 1949 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 4282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Heck my wife gives me guns or reloading stuff every Christmas. This last year she didn't know what to get. So she gave me a Really expensive set of binoculars, a razor sharp buck hunting knife and a wyoming saw. I guess she supports my hunting activities now too. I good woman is something to be cherished!!!!!
See, there's a great point right there...shooters are the EASIEST people to shop for at the holidays or b-days. The guns and ammo are one thing but the accessories are LIMITLESS!!!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The LGS has a brand new Winchester model 70 .375 H&H mag safari edition. My rational that elephants could get loose at any moment and bring Hooper to its knees was largely ignored.

My wife is super cool though. Her dad has 3 gun safes full. I think that's what you have to look for. Just never ever ever f$&@ing ever till him she's late.

Every time I get her to go shooting she wants a new scope or bipod though. Kinda married an enabler...

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 72

I'm on wife #4 now and I have guns that I have had longer than any wife, just saying!!!!! (a man has to have his priorities)

My readings of history convinces me that most bad government results from to much government.....Thomas Jefferson
Being Ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn............Benjamin Franklin
If Barack Obama is the answer, the how damn stupid was the question.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 319 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
Orangello: C3 is right. Just be subtle and dont drool all over her guns. Compliment her guns while not looking at her chest. better yet, find one that works in a gun shop.
There actually is a cute lil blonde who works at the gunshop closest to my house haha, I might have to start goin in there more often

Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 AM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If you want to spend your life on Happy Trails get a gal that packs iron.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #27

Got married 20 years ago with zero guns....father-in-law gave me my first 5.
I had to get more and better guns...and shoot them a lot, just to make sure I could out shoot the wife.
No gun problems here! Just marry a girl raised by a avid hunting cop.

“Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”- Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 AM   #28

Liked 1949 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 4282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavenet View Post
Got married 20 years ago with zero guns....father-in-law gave me my first 5.
I had to get more and better guns...and shoot them a lot, just to make sure I could out shoot the wife.
No gun problems here! Just marry a girl raised by a avid hunting cop.
She got a sister? heh heh!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Haha, good posts, prolly gonna have a lil talk this weekend...she thinks they are unecessary...i already own 5 guns. and she thinks a shotgun is what is needed for home defense and a rifle for hunting....hmmm...i hunt everything from lil gobblers to moster moose and elk...haha. But thank you for the tips, definetly not going to let her go though, since we're happy together and i actually do like shopping with her cuz her face lights up...but gotta get on this issue. HOWEVER not gonna let go of my guns either...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #30
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7332 Times on 4250 Posts
Likes Given: 9445

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
There actually is a cute lil blonde who works at the gunshop closest to my house haha, I might have to start goin in there more often
Yeah, but you better bring money and buy guns to impress her!

I always wondered why gun stores don't hire a bunch of hot chicks who know guns. Seems to me they would bring in tons of customers! It seems to work for the two local hardware stores.