Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Girlfriend/wife issues/boyfriend/ husband issues with guns? haha

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2615 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 1163

That sounds like a little education is needed.

Use a sledge hammer next time she wants a picture hung. Explain that just as different hammers are needed for different jobs, so goes the firearms. Different firearms are for different tasks.

(You did explain that already, no?)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT

Old 02-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #12

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4284

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
Anyone have the lady or guy in their life upset about the number of guns you own? My girl of one and a half year thinks shell limit me only to 1-2 or maximum of 3 rifles when we get married...idk how thats gonna go haha. How about you? and any tips on how i can persuade her that i should own more?
Take her to the range, show her how much fun and challenging it is to shoot...you might have to go shoe shopping with her but that's a pretty fair trade off...

(edit) No cheauvanism intended to our beloved female members, just making a comparison...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #13

Liked 1641 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 1094

Heck my wife gives me guns or reloading stuff every Christmas. This last year she didn't know what to get. So she gave me a Really expensive set of binoculars, a razor sharp buck hunting knife and a wyoming saw. I guess she supports my hunting activities now too. I good woman is something to be cherished!!!!!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #14

Honestly...if she feels that strongly and is already setting things up to change you, you need to find a new person to share your life. Take it from someone who lost 3/4 of everything just to get away from such a harridan--it's not worth it!

Life's too short to spend it fighting on the home front for your right to enjoy good tobacco, good whisky, and good firearms (although, not at the same time!). Just like it is unfair of her to try to change you, it is unfair of you to try to change her. If you can't come to an accommodation that both can accept and be happy with, part ways on good terms and find someone who shares your interests as much as you do.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

Last edited by Charyoutree; 02-22-2012 at 11:12 PM.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #15
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I got into firearms after I got married and there was some friction at first. All I had to do was tell my wife "I will not let you prevent me from doing what I believe is necessary to protect our family". There wasn't much she could argue with about that.

The best thing you could do is get your significant other out shooting. Most folks enjoy the heck out of it once they do it and they will want MORE guns.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #16

Luckily my father-in-law has three safes full of guns and goes to a gunshow at least every other weekend. My wife never had a chance...

Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I would be looking for a new girlfriend. Preferably at the shooting range.
{snaps fingers} Dang! Now why didn't i think of that before. I gotta start shooting at a range. Any advice on how to spot loosely moralled women at a range? Maybe look for the girl with a Jennings or a Hi-Point? If she will play with one of those then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Seems to me that's the sort of thing that need s to be Ironed out prior to exchanging vows.
Pre-nup material for sure!

Being single is probably the smart move for me.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8323 Times on 3599 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Gello- you start looking for the girl that has better guns than YOU do!!

Called marrying up.

Serious advice to the OP- this is the sort of thing you need to get sorted out. No, am not going to suggest the Neanderthal approach- that rarely works in real life. But DO take her shooting with you. Even if SHE does not wind up digging it (and she very well may) she SHOULD appreciate what it means to you- as YOU should appreciate the things that are important to her. If you two cannot do that to give each their space, my crystal ball sees strife, misery, and anxiety ahead.

I bought my lady rubies- because I love the look on her face when she puts them on. She once gave me an Othello Red Dot throwing knife (Solingen, Germany) because she knows I like stuff like that. Called being happy by making each other happy.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #19
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1665 Times on 907 Posts
Likes Given: 531

Orangello: C3 is right. Just be subtle and dont drool all over her guns. Compliment her guns while not looking at her chest. better yet, find one that works in a gun shop.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
That sounds like a little education is needed.

Use a sledge hammer next time she wants a picture hung. Explain that just as different hammers are needed for different jobs, so goes the firearms. Different firearms are for different tasks.

(You did explain that already, no?)
Lmao!!!!!!