Girlfriend/wife issues/boyfriend/ husband issues with guns? haha
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Girlfriend/wife issues/boyfriend/ husband issues with guns? haha

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Girlfriend/wife issues/boyfriend/ husband issues with guns? haha

Anyone have the lady or guy in their life upset about the number of guns you own? My girl of one and a half year thinks shell limit me only to 1-2 or maximum of 3 rifles when we get married...idk how thats gonna go haha. How about you? and any tips on how i can persuade her that i should own more?

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Nope, I'm hard-headed, so even if a gf/wife banned guns in the home, I would keep bringing them home anyways.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #3

Liked 2562 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 2459

Every married man should remember it's always easier to apologize later than it is to ask for permission.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #4

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

My wife doesn't have a problem with the number of guns I have, just the stuff I keep buying for them. I can never have enough ammo or reloading supplies.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #5

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
Anyone have the lady or guy in their life upset about the number of guns you own? My girl of one and a half year thinks shell limit me only to 1-2 or maximum of 3 rifles when we get married...idk how thats gonna go haha. How about you? and any tips on how i can persuade her that i should own more?
Limit her effing shoes, see what she has to say about that crap.

My wife thought she was going to tell me "no guns allowed" and then it dawned on her that I was going to work everyday with a belt fed machine gun.

Now the gun rules are common sense. Can we afford it? Is the rent/car payment/cable bill/electric bill/insurance payment/ due? Will it put us in a bind?

Just like other wants vs needs expenses, as long as it doesn't hurt us financially, I'm free to get any gun I want.

The reason I only have three is because I'm always broke... Not because the wifey says no...

Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2017 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 604

I would be looking for a new girlfriend. Preferably at the shooting range. It is not going to last if she is making all the rules so save yourself some future grief and dont waste your time. She at least gave you a warning and the alarm bells should be going off. We have been married 46 years and I dont ask permission or apologize when I bring home a gun. I do not however spend money we dont have on one and I handle the finances.
Men marry women expecting them not to change, and they do. Women marry men expecting them to change and they dont.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2876 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Seems to me that's the sort of thing that need s to be Ironed out prior to exchanging vows. For years, I couldn't really afford to indulge in the firearms hobby, see the pay scale for enlisted military. Other things took priority. My wife wasn't anti gun, just kind of skeptical. I've managed to get her on board. While not a hobbyist, she will come with me to the range now & then and enjoy herself.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 199

SWMBO has more firearms than I do

But, financial non agreements can lead to tough discussions, aka fights. Get it resolved, listen AND UNDERSTAND her reasons. At a different time have a calm discussion about just one of her points.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #9

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I would be looking fo someone else or convert her by letting her buy what she wants to shoot, if she is into shooting. I could not see giving-up 70+ guns of mine for anyone...........My guns were there first........

Jim.........

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Last edited by masterPsmith; 02-22-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
This is too damn simple. Start the debate and win it. YOU have the facts on YOUR side. after calmly and logically shooting down every last "reason" she has for her stupidity, challenge her to go to the range and get her started shooting. Start small, slow and easy and work your way up. Soon enough you will have a wife (to be) thats as enthusiastic about firearms as you.

$H!T, my ole lady "didnt care for" guns when we met 24 years ago today. Today she has laid claim to me 1911and Ruger .44 mag carbine. She shoots proficiently with the ole Win 61 and my S&W 686. The only reason she hasnt laid claim to the rest is shes a bit skeptical about touching off the big dogs...God help me she ever grows the chesticles to try my 06 on for size....i fully expect she will be laying claim to my AR shortly after it comes home in March.

Its a double edged dagger!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!