Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > the girl with the dragon tattoo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4465 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Default the girl with the dragon tattoo

i just watched this movie and its prolly the best movie i have seen in many years. there are two versions. get the one with noomi rapace!!

i cant believe it took me this long to watch it. beware its pretty graphic dealing with rape serial murder and nazis so dont watch it with the kiddos.

its a shame holliwood cant make movies this freekin awesome!!

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #2

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Agreed on all counts.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1905 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 692

What's the story on that? I've seen the previews, but can't really make out what's the plot.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA
What's the story on that? I've seen the previews, but can't really make out what's the plot.
If I said anything I'd probably give it away. It's a murder mystery conspiracy type plot. The movie is well done in my opinion and well worth it. It wasn't at all what I expected, but I was still pleasantly surprised.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6114 Times on 3704 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i just watched this movie and its prolly the best movie i have seen in many years. there are two versions. get the one with noomi rapace!!

i cant believe it took me this long to watch it. beware its pretty graphic dealing with rape serial murder and nazis so dont watch it with the kiddos.

its a shame holliwood cant make movies this freekin awesome!!
I haven't watched it yet. I hear great reviews about this movie but graphic displays of violence, especially towards women, really bother me. I'm not sure if I could handle this movie.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4465 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I haven't watched it yet. I hear great reviews about this movie but graphic displays of violence, especially towards women, really bother me. I'm not sure if I could handle this movie.
it can be a little.... shocking. but it deals with real issues and what the heroine does to overcome makes you want to cheer her on. usually i dont care for such things either but this is done well. what happens to the main character does happen but how she adapts and overcomes is steller. nothing in it is particularly gratutous like you find in helliwood crap movies

i gotta go find the other two sequals that continue the story

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #7

Interesting fact. The author of these books witnessed a brutal gang rape by a bunch of US gi's, in his country back after ww2. It messed him up to witness it, that's why he was graphic in including rape scenes in his books. He wanted to force people to deal with the reality of it, that he witnessed.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 583 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 176

The Swedish author died before the movie came put. The Swedish version is better and the complete trilogy is available on DVD. The US version is good too.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 12-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #9

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 232

I always wondered why they made an English version ... The swedish ones are so good.
It's kind of a trilogy. And an excellent one at that.

Girl who played with Fire and Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest finish the set.

As Mosin says , much of anything about the story could ruin it. But as far as the violence, she fought back against those who had wronged her.

I can't imagine anyone on this forum would find it too much. Most of the members here seem to believe in the concept of fighting back!

I enjoyed even the English language version... But the Swedish version has good subtitles, and you don't notice after a while.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #10

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

Hey Winds...I watched the movie with my wife. I thought it was ok but very violent. My wife found it disturbing.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.