Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   the girl with the dragon tattoo (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/girl-dragon-tattoo-78571/)

JonM 12-16-2012 03:30 AM

the girl with the dragon tattoo

i just watched this movie and its prolly the best movie i have seen in many years. there are two versions. get the one with noomi rapace!!

i cant believe it took me this long to watch it. beware its pretty graphic dealing with rape serial murder and nazis so dont watch it with the kiddos.

its a shame holliwood cant make movies this freekin awesome!!

Mosin 12-16-2012 04:44 AM

Agreed on all counts.

ScottA 12-16-2012 04:46 AM

What's the story on that? I've seen the previews, but can't really make out what's the plot.

Mosin 12-16-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottA
What's the story on that? I've seen the previews, but can't really make out what's the plot.

If I said anything I'd probably give it away. It's a murder mystery conspiracy type plot. The movie is well done in my opinion and well worth it. It wasn't at all what I expected, but I was still pleasantly surprised.

winds-of-change 12-16-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1053276)
i just watched this movie and its prolly the best movie i have seen in many years. there are two versions. get the one with noomi rapace!!

i cant believe it took me this long to watch it. beware its pretty graphic dealing with rape serial murder and nazis so dont watch it with the kiddos.

its a shame holliwood cant make movies this freekin awesome!!

I haven't watched it yet. I hear great reviews about this movie but graphic displays of violence, especially towards women, really bother me. I'm not sure if I could handle this movie.

JonM 12-16-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1053355)
I haven't watched it yet. I hear great reviews about this movie but graphic displays of violence, especially towards women, really bother me. I'm not sure if I could handle this movie.

it can be a little.... shocking. but it deals with real issues and what the heroine does to overcome makes you want to cheer her on. usually i dont care for such things either but this is done well. what happens to the main character does happen but how she adapts and overcomes is steller. nothing in it is particularly gratutous like you find in helliwood crap movies

i gotta go find the other two sequals that continue the story

Mosin 12-16-2012 05:03 AM

Interesting fact. The author of these books witnessed a brutal gang rape by a bunch of US gi's, in his country back after ww2. It messed him up to witness it, that's why he was graphic in including rape scenes in his books. He wanted to force people to deal with the reality of it, that he witnessed.

25-5 12-16-2012 11:18 AM

The Swedish author died before the movie came put. The Swedish version is better and the complete trilogy is available on DVD. The US version is good too.

pnolans 12-16-2012 11:28 AM

I always wondered why they made an English version ... The swedish ones are so good.
It's kind of a trilogy. And an excellent one at that.

Girl who played with Fire and Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest finish the set.

As Mosin says , much of anything about the story could ruin it. But as far as the violence, she fought back against those who had wronged her.

I can't imagine anyone on this forum would find it too much. Most of the members here seem to believe in the concept of fighting back! :)

I enjoyed even the English language version... But the Swedish version has good subtitles, and you don't notice after a while.

Rick1967 12-16-2012 11:33 AM

Hey Winds...I watched the movie with my wife. I thought it was ok but very violent. My wife found it disturbing.