Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gift Cards for Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Gift Cards for Guns

I figure if we put a little cash together, we can outbid the cops and get some nice shootin' irons.

San Joaquin County: Give Up A Gun, Get A Gift Card

December 3, 2010 6:26 PM

STOCKTON, Calif. (AP) –San Joaquin County authorities are trying to combat gang violence and make the county a bit safer by offering gift cards to people who turn in their guns.

During an event set for Saturday at Stockton’s Ag Center, employees with the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department will be handing out Walmart or Target gift cards in exchange for a firearm.

Deputy Les Garcia says the event is being held in conjunction with the Stockton Police Department, which he says collected 200 guns during a similar event last month.

People turning in their guns will get $10 gift cards for any non-working firearm, $50 for working rifles or shotguns or $100 for working handguns. Assault weapons will fetch a $150 gift card.

Officials say anybody who turns in a weapon will remain anonymous.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds to me like i need to go and take out a loan for 1K and come home with a few ak's and AR's just pay them 200 instead of the 150 that there givin out lol

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

CA, set up next to them and offer $200 cash for good ARs. I'll take five, tell me where to send the $.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was hoping that I'd open this and have a chance to win a gift card for a new gun...
This sounds like a good idea in theory, but the thugs can probably get much better prices on the streets from other thugs.

My home defense system? A Rottie and a shotty...