The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 11:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
We need to all motivate each other. There's no reason for us to be fat and lazy gun owners...lol.

I'm doing it because I don't want those new recruits into the USAF to get cocky thinking they can out do me just because I'm "old" in their eyes....lol.

I make it a point to be able to outwork the young-uns.

NOTE: A good little tip piece of info for everybody. 3500 calories burned equals 1 pound of fat lost.
O HOLY CRAP I have about 9.8 billon calories to go.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:35 AM   #22

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
I'm fortunate, or unfortunate, enough to have a job that kicks my azz more than a gym workout. I eat all that "bad" food that one on a diet couldn't eat, *COUGH*JD*COUGH*! I'll give some examples; pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, bacon, Dagwood sandwiches with hellman's, steak and cheese with extra hellman's, chicken wings, fried haddock, steak and potatoes, beef stew, sourdough bread with butter to dip in my spaghetti sauce.... I could go on and on. Man I love my metabolism.
I'm not feeling very motivated here Dan

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 AM   #23

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
I'm fortunate, or unfortunate, enough to have a job that kicks my azz more than a gym workout. I eat all that "bad" food that one on a diet couldn't eat, *COUGH*JD*COUGH*! I'll give some examples; pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, bacon, Dagwood sandwiches with hellman's, steak and cheese with extra hellman's, chicken wings, fried haddock, steak and potatoes, beef stew, sourdough bread with butter to dip in my spaghetti sauce.... I could go on and on. Man I love my metabolism.
Yeah. Listen. I talked it over the with the guys and we feel it's best if you just die. On Christmas. In front of your big ass plate full of food.

Prick.

JD

Old 03-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Just call me......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-18-2009, 03:39 AM   #25

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yeah. Listen. I talked it over the with the guys and we feel it's best if you just die. On Christmas. In front of your big ass plate full of food.

Prick.

JD
Did you know that Christmas is my daughters b.day? How guilty do you feel now?

Seriously, I do eat healthy to counteract the junk. I have eliminated butter from my diet completely, I don't drink soda, I barely have any sweets, I go for super lean meat, I don't really get fried anything anymore, and I enjoy nothing but a giant bowl of salad for dinner frequently.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are the the only days I really let loose.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Last edited by dnthmn2004; 03-18-2009 at 03:41 AM.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:44 AM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

A few months ago I weighed over 140 kilos and couldn't go up a flight of stairs without having a heart attack. I'd really let myself go (I used to train kick boxing and jiujitsu five days a week).

For the past six months I've trained MMA three times a week and sumo twice a week (it's a fantastic sport!). So far I've shed 20 kilos, feel a lot better and stronger. I want to represent Argentina in the South American sumo tournament (which will also feature teams from Japan and Europe), so I need to loose a few more kilos to be really competitive (I want to wrestle in the 115kg category).

The key for me was to find a trainer that keeps me motivated, and sports that I really enjoy (both MMA and sumo are a lot of fun).

Old 03-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #27

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I have master plan, but I have to do a little more research before I put it out there. I will say this much; I have exactly one year to get in the best shape of my life, and compete in an event.

If I drop what I want to drop, feel good about it, and have enough left to pull this off without injury to myself, I'll clue you guys in.

It's basically an "I'm getting old, do I still have what it takes to pull it off" kinda thing.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Good to those of you who decided to take care,or better care, of yourselves.

Think about it. We talk about carrying guns for self preservation or to save loved ones, but what good will that do us if we die at 47 from being a fat turd??

Some suggestions to the poster who said he needs to leave the house or work out with friends for motivations: Get workout videos!! They work if you do them and the videos are motivators!

I recently finished the P90X program and it kicked my butt from day 1!! It was well worth the 1hr a day to do it and it didn't take a whole gym full of equipment.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Thread started and I am on board as well.... Excellent Idea You guys!!

Oooohhhhh, Sourdough. You evil bastard!! *shaking fist*

Okay, I had sushi for breakfast and I am off to the gym. 20 plus minutes of cardio ( 90 seconds at double time, 90 seconds at normal pace, repeat ) and the it's shoulders and traps day....

JD

Could you point me to the workout thread?

Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Did you know that Christmas is my daughters b.day? How guilty do you feel now?
The actual quote that I would have used if I didn't like you would have been

"You should die, painfully, preferably in some sort of horrific accident, on Christmas, in front of your kids... and wet yourself in the process" - so really, I held back for your daughter's benefit.

It's great that you have a high metabolism - now get out of the "we need to work together to get in shape" thread.

Skinny guys need to get junk punched....

JD