The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 07:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
sushi for breakfast

And you keep saying how nuts we are in California.
Left over from what I didn't eat for dinner. Had a big salad and toughed it out until morning.

Besides, salmon, cucumber, brown rice - all good sorts of proteins, fats and oils to start the day..... and my "neighbor" in the next cube HATES seafood, so it keeps him at bay... LOL

Had a crappy workout - but at least I went and burned some calories... *shrug* Better than sitting on my ass....

Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #12

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Did 30 reps with 15 lbs bent-over rows, stretched a rubber band to work posterior deltoid and lats, and tried to raise my arm straight up over my head about 30 times yesterday.

Today, had a good-looking physical terrorist bring tears to my eyes slopping my shoulder around so that the joint will fit together better, and did more rubber-band bulls4it, some hand bike, and electrical stimulation. I'm really starting to hate her.

If she is dressed in leather, knee high leather boots, little kraut officers hat and a flog, you're not at the gym?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Doing three to four days of weight training and cardio, although, I can't get of the "see food diet". It getting harder and harder to bench my weight, 245 and growing.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

I've been working out more but not enough as I haven't had time or I'm just to lazy.

In one of those I don't want to get the fark up ruts because I have no job and I play video games all day.

But when I do run I've noticed an improvement. I got to my free point while running for the first time in my life.

You know that point where there is no pain in your legs and it feels like your floating in mid air? God....and my legs didn't even hurt after that. Good sign too.

Also I noticed at my current running speed I was running each lap around 1 min or so and 1.5 miles is 12 laps so 1 min a lap = I get into the Navy. I'm much more fit too now...but I'm getting fat again. I need to go out with my friend to get in shape.

That crazy bastard runs 5 miles a DAY now when he used to only run 3 when I ran with him. I told him that's probably his limit as that's 35 minutes of running and any more and he'll break down or fark up our work out session.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

We need to all motivate each other. There's no reason for us to be fat and lazy gun owners...lol.

I'm doing it because I don't want those new recruits into the USAF to get cocky thinking they can out do me just because I'm "old" in their eyes....lol.

I make it a point to be able to outwork the young-uns.

NOTE: A good little tip piece of info for everybody. 3500 calories burned equals 1 pound of fat lost.

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 03-17-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

My main problem is that I'm at home most of the time now. I try and do situps and pushups but I'm at home and it's not a very good enviroment for me. I have to go out with someone to workout...makes me feel better when I have someone else with me doing it.

Also another bad thing about being jobless....I'm at home most of the time like I said...and when I'm bored I'm eating junk food sometimes but now I'm trying to stick to carrots and cheese stick crap to make me feel better....bleck....man wants meat.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Try working out first thing in the morning. If you can get yourself to move quickly in the morning, it'll help you prepare for basic training.

Personally I love working out in the morning. I am always grumbling to myself when my unit decides to have afternoon PT.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'm fortunate, or unfortunate, enough to have a job that kicks my azz more than a gym workout. I eat all that "bad" food that one on a diet couldn't eat, *COUGH*JD*COUGH*! I'll give some examples; pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, bacon, Dagwood sandwiches with hellman's, steak and cheese with extra hellman's, chicken wings, fried haddock, steak and potatoes, beef stew, sourdough bread with butter to dip in my spaghetti sauce....The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!! - The Club House I could go on and on. Man I love my metabolism.The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!! - The Club House

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 03-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Well, you can just take all those fried foods, and your fancy, fast, uber metabolism, and shove it all up your corn hole!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about that, Mr look at me while I stuff pure fat down my throat with no ill effects??????????

I hate freakin show offs.........................

Old 03-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #20

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

LOL! I'm sorry man, that was aimed towards JD, but I guess it works for the rest of you as well. I'm referring to everyone whos "old" compared to me and needs to work out as "the rest of you". I'm still living by the, "you only live once, enjoy it" theoryThe Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!! - The Club House. I bet that will change when I'm 40.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!