The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!! - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'm in a foul mood, I almost broke my ankle and two fingers on my right hand fighting on Saturday. On the last damn fight before the sparring session ended!!!! The doctor said that the only thing that saved me from some broken bones and a plaster for a month was my ligamentary hyperlaxitud, which is supossed to be a sort of disease but has worked very well for me so far!

I had to skip my Sunday trainning session, but I'm not gonna miss the one on Tuesday.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #102

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Did about 40 minutes of weight lifting this morning (Legs and Abs).

Also ran 2.5 miles this afternoon (last .5 mile was an uphill run - - - it sucked)

Keep it up, people!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2009, 11:23 PM   #103

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I didn't get a chance to work out today - which basically translates to the fact that 1) it was Monday and friggin Zoo at the office and 2) I was recovering from Wii muscles after getting my ass beat in Wii Bowling, Wii Baseball and Wii fishing. The only games I won were Wii boxing, Wii Tennis and Wii Ping Pong.... LOL

Then I got home and went for 30 minutes on level 7 on the interval setting. Did a little over 3 miles and burned somewhere between 260 and something calories. My battery died on my polar work out chest strap, which is what I get for putting it in the closet for the better part of year...

No I am waiting for the woman to get home, so I am having a protein shake and we have sushi and BBQ pork for dinner in about 2 hours....

Keep up the great work keys!!

Francisco - That totally sucks about your hand & ankle bro. What's the prognosis?

JD

Old 03-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #104

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Get some Wii Fit Dill....it's great fun.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:44 AM   #105

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Francisco - That totally sucks about your hand & ankle bro. What's the prognosis?

JD
Well, hyperlaxitude is a fantastic thing, mate. It's almost a super power!

It still aches a bit but I was able to run up and down the stairs, walk for a few hours, etc. without any problems. I should be able to train tomorrow, so I only missed one training session (and I was VERY careful about food and drink over the weekend).

The doctor told me not to take any painkillers, keep it bandaged and let pain be my guide (basically, if something hurts I need to stop doing it).

Old 03-31-2009, 12:51 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Well, hyperlaxitude is a fantastic thing, mate. It's almost a super power!
What the hell is "hyperlaxitude" and is it for sale in the Grand Caymens? We go there in 46 days...

I simply must be more acquainted with this Super Power. Everything on Google is in Spanish. Can you translate for me please?

Old 03-31-2009, 02:47 AM   #107

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Made it for a second get fit round today.

Thirty minutes on the bike. Gives an equivalent of ten miles, and 250 calories.

Hit the heavy bag for a little while. Worked it bare hand till the knuckles got too sore.

Very light dinner with some baked chicken and vegetables. A very good negative calorie day.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #108

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Gym report

Thirty minutes of exercise bike, 6.5 miles and 250 calories.
Thirty minutes of lower body circuit weight training.
180 sit-ups in three sets.

Every morning while riding the bike I get channel 7 news. Every morning the most reported story is who won on Dancing with the Stars.
WHO THE F_CK CARES WHO WON ON DANCING WITH THE F_CKING STARS!!!
SHOW THE DAM_ NEWS!!!

Between that and the sh1tty rap music it is a real effort to get through a workout.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-31-2009, 11:16 PM   #109

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Well. Did 1.5 miles this morning before duty. I just finished another 2.5 miles about 10 minutes ago. That's 4 miles total today, which is not bad since it's an improvement from last week.

That's 6.5 miles in two days. It's nothing compared to where I should be, but I'm happy I'm improving a little.

On another note, I made a few younger enlisted folk in my duty section decide that they need to work out more. There were a couple of M240 crew served weapons that needed to be shipped out to depot for some refurbishment, so some of the younger guys were eyeballing them (they haven't seen them up close before). I told them to go ahead and shoulder them like you would a normal M16/M4. Once I showed them how to properly clear the weapons (safety first always), they attempted to shoulder the M240. They were able to put the weapon up to their shoulder, but they were all discombobulated in their stance.

I went ahead and grabbed an M240, and hoisted it right up to my shoulder, and assumed a proper assault firing position. Then I held it for about a minute. I won't lie, the M240 was making me shake a little after awhile, but it really impressed the young guys, which made me feel a little accomplished.

By the way, the M240 weights about 35-40 pounds or so empty, and all the weight is in the barrel assembly. In other words, it a mother 'effer to lug around in the field after awhile....lol.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:58 PM   #110

Gym Report:

Didn't want to go to the gym today, but knew Sgt-Miller would be all about running a 12K in the morning and swimming the English Channel this evening, so I went anyways.

I set up a circuit routine on my Polar Heart Monitor for weights. Total time was about 33 minutes. The idea is to go from station to station, do the required exercise, but keep your heartrate up in the peak ( fat burning ) mode. Peak for me is around 160 something according to all the data I have been seeing, but today I averaged 195, so I was stoked about that.

The workout was good, and when I was done, I knew I was tired, but felt I could do some more, and had some more time on my hands, so I felt like I would take a challenge.

This is the part I will call: Learn Shame and Humility the LA Fitness/Spinning Class Way....

So, everyday I am at the gym, there are about 5 or 6 members that do this spinning class. It goes for an hour, and they are all in good shape - like beach body shape. It's always this model looking spin master with this beautiful long blonde ponytail, and 4 girls, and one dude. The one dude must be there with one of the gals, because he is always next to the same gal and he doesn't take any of the good seats.

For those that don't know, spinning is a stationary bike that you strap into and peddle your ass off for an hour, standing up on the pedals, "taking it down a notch", which is Spin Nazi for taking a breather ( yeah right ) - but chicks all wear thongs under their shorts and generally they look pretty good. Plus there is a digital clock on the wall to tell them how much time is left on their little "ride"

So from time to time I would wander by and look in, to see what was going on and what the gals looked like. Plus I was curious. I mean, I ride a bike for 30 minutes now before I lift weights on some days, how much HARDER could this really be??

So today the door was open to the Spin-Nasium and the Spin Nazi ( whom I found attractive BEFORE this incident ) waved me in and pointed to a bike in the middle with a big grin on her face.

Okay, I have had a good workout, but I didn't do much legs and they have 12 minutes left on their clock. It's going to take 2 minutes for me to readjust the bike to a real man's height and get locked in anyways. How bad could it be??

HOOOOLLLLLLLYYYYYY HELL!!

First off, that Spin Nazi welcomed me in with "We got one!" and everyone was "cheering". You sick bastards, thinking back....

So, I get to the bike, have a nice view in front of me, readjust the bike to my size, get saddled up and start to join the work out. There is 10:40 seconds left.

That Spin Nazi Bitch added 5 minutes to the Effing clock!!! Laughing about it with her little group of supporters.....

Nazis! They can't be trusted....

So, after what seemed like forever, riding through Hell, I think, I probably made it 8 good minutes of "spinning" and the rest of the ride was merely trying not to pass out. My heart rate was over 206 the WHOLE DAMN TIME!!!

I am not even sure that is legal in this country!! Spin Nazi is definitely OFF the Christmas card list, even if she wears a Mistletoe belly button piercing.

But, with the weights, and being tortured, I burned off in excess of 450 calories, so I felt quite happy.

Then I limped into the sauna, laid down under my face towel and probably wept/wimpered for the next ten minutes while trying to stretch out my quads.

My advice - DO NOT get suckered into the Spin-nasium by the cute Spin Nazi with the cute ponytail and hard body.....

JD