Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/get-your-butt-shape-thread-11939/)

SGT-MILLER 03-17-2009 05:35 PM

The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!!

Well, it's officially day 2 of my new PT regimen.

Ran 3 miles yesterday to include sprints, and ran about 1.5 miles today. My initial goal is to be able to run 1.5 miles in about 10 minutes or less with about 30 pounds on my back. Once I get to that point, I'll make a different goal to keep myself challenged.

I'm also looking to trim down a little, but I don't want to get too skinny.

My legs are killing me, but that's a good sign that I'm working them hard enough.

We should do a workout thread to give each other motivation to get out and improve fitness in some way. That is, of course, the most important aspect of being able to survive in a SHTF situation, plus being fit actually helps you shoot quicker, and more accurate.

Benning Boy 03-17-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 83385)

Ran 3 miles yesterday to include sprints, and ran about 1.5 miles today. My initial goal is to be able to run 1.5 miles in about 10 minutes or less with about 30 pounds on my back. Once I get to that point, I'll make a different goal to keep myself challenged.

My legs are killing me, but that's a good sign that I'm working them hard enough.

We should do a workout thread to give each other motivation to get out and improve fitness in some way. That is, of course, the most important aspect of being able to survive in a SHTF situation, plus being fit actually helps you shoot quicker, and more accurate.

That's an excellent idea. Start the thread, I'm onboard.

I'm working on a sourdough based diet system.;)

Dillinger 03-17-2009 05:52 PM

Thread started and I am on board as well.... Excellent Idea You guys!!

Oooohhhhh, Sourdough. You evil bastard!! *shaking fist*

Okay, I had sushi for breakfast and I am off to the gym. 20 plus minutes of cardio ( 90 seconds at double time, 90 seconds at normal pace, repeat ) and the it's shoulders and traps day....

JD

Jo da Plumbr 03-17-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 83385)

Good for you Sarge!
Iíve been three weeks now on a no carb low calorie food plan. Need to lose about twenty pounds. Had some support from JD in PMs, but itís getting harder last few days. Iíve been hitting the gym with some cardio and weight training, and thought I was doing OK. Then I took my mountain bike to the beach for a ride on the sand last Sunday, and was wiped out after only a few miles. My legs are still hurting.:mad:
Like I told JD, misery loves company, so thanks for the thread.

Jo da Plumbr 03-17-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 83390)
Thread started and I am on board as well.... Excellent Idea You guys!!

Oooohhhhh, Sourdough. You evil bastard!! *shaking fist*

Okay, I had sushi for breakfast and I am off to the gym. 20 plus minutes of cardio ( 90 seconds at double time, 90 seconds at normal pace, repeat ) and the it's shoulders and traps day....

JD

sushi for breakfast

And you keep saying how nuts we are in California.

ScottG 03-17-2009 06:29 PM

Wait! We're supposed to get in shape? B-b-but, I thought the libs we capture were going to carry us around where we wanted to go....

Seanml89 03-17-2009 06:35 PM

Those iron gym things that hang in your doorway are great. They are 60$ on tv, 30 at walmart. However beware they DO NOT fit all doors like they say, the fram around the door shuld be at least 5 inches wide with no obstruction. Im 19 I used it about 4 times a day about 10 pullup each time and I saw results in 2 weeks! When I first got it, I could only do 4 chin ups. Now Im pushing out 15 at a time, and I can flex my boob muscles! Score!

cpttango30 03-17-2009 06:43 PM

I am starting out slow. 12oz curles and 1,000 steps a day. I will work up from there.

skullcrusher 03-17-2009 06:49 PM

I switched over to fewer calorie beer. Spring is very near which is my workout time until winter. Lots of physically demanding work around the property. Cool down with casting into the pond. :)

gorknoids 03-17-2009 06:52 PM

Did 30 reps with 15 lbs bent-over rows, stretched a rubber band to work posterior deltoid and lats, and tried to raise my arm straight up over my head about 30 times yesterday.

Today, had a good-looking physical terrorist bring tears to my eyes slopping my shoulder around so that the joint will fit together better, and did more rubber-band bulls4it, some hand bike, and electrical stimulation. I'm really starting to hate her.