Get it off your chest thread
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Get it off your chest thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Get it off your chest thread

I just took a new job about 3 weeks ago, well I was given a relocation/bonus and just recieved it today. The bonus was 10k. When I first saw the pay stub I was in a very good mood...until I saw that Uncle Sam didn't just have his hand in it...he had his both his f-in arms in it and raking money out of it. 40%... I mean come on seriously? They took 4,000 dollars out of it. And where the hell does this money go? My guess is to some 645.8 lb man sitting on his ass and can't work because he has sat on his ass too long to begin with? Something seems very wrong here, its more like I got a 6k bonus and Sam got a 4k bonus to pay their own payroll so they can take more money later. I mean I.M.O.F.P.O.D.O.(in my own f-in pissed off damn opinion), this is essentially the same thing as me renting an apartment right...and a friend comes over and gives me 10 grand for me helping him out, and the land lord comes over and grabs 4k of it since he keeps the structure and all of the apartments in decent shape. But I already pay him every freakin time I get paid...does that sound right? Sorry guys if I ticked anyone off, just wanted to vent. Maybe someone with a decency in the government will read this one day and a light bulb flickers on....doubt it though, I think that a oxymoron or something aint it? decency and government in the same sentence.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Yep, bonuses are taxed heavily, sorry.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHSBulldog06 View Post
I just took a new job about 3 weeks ago, well I was given a relocation/bonus and just recieved it today. The bonus was 10k. When I first saw the pay stub I was in a very good mood...until I saw that Uncle Sam didn't just have his hand in it...he had his both his f-in arms in it and raking money out of it. 40%... I mean come on seriously? They took 4,000 dollars out of it. And where the hell does this money go? My guess is to some 645.8 lb man sitting on his ass and can't work because he has sat on his ass too long to begin with? Something seems very wrong here, its more like I got a 6k bonus and Sam got a 4k bonus to pay their own payroll so they can take more money later. I mean I.M.O.F.P.O.D.O.(in my own f-in pissed off damn opinion), this is essentially the same thing as me renting an apartment right...and a friend comes over and gives me 10 grand for me helping him out, and the land lord comes over and grabs 4k of it since he keeps the structure and all of the apartments in decent shape. But I already pay him every freakin time I get paid...does that sound right? Sorry guys if I ticked anyone off, just wanted to vent. Maybe someone with a decency in the government will read this one day and a light bulb flickers on....doubt it though, I think that a oxymoron or something aint it? decency and government in the same sentence.
Depending upon your year end income, you will likely see some of that back. Now, what guns are you gonna get. 6k will get you some very nice ones and plenty of ammo to boot. Sorry if I don't feel for you, but hey...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Out of curiosity, how many withholding allowances did you claim on your W4 form? They should've had you fill one out during the hiring process. 7.65% went to Social Security and Medicare programs; doubt you'll see that money again. I'm wondering if they withheld for state income tax as well; they probably did, else they held out over 30% for federal income tax. That seems a bit much, unless you are very well paid.

I think of it as paying to be able to complain. If somebody isn't paying in and isn't a retired person who did pay in when working, time to STFU & sit down.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That sucks! The only way for this Country to go is to abolish the IRS and go to a flat tax.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #6

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

I feel for ya, but yeah been there and had the crazy high taxes taken out. Like was already posted though, it's likely you will get a portion of that back, especially if you own your own home.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 02-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #7

Ok, Bulldog. You got your sympathy....

NOW, what firearms are you gonna buy??

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 02-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #8

Ok, I gotta get this off my chest.

The coverage of the winter olympics has been hit and miss this time around. But my biggest gripe is the total lack of showing the medals awarding during times where the youth are up and watching. What's with showing them after midnight? I think it is important for the youth of our country so see those ceremonies. Jmho.

If you watch the awards ceremonies at all, you will notice something that I think says plenty. Almost always when an American gets the gold and they play The Star Spangled Banner the American athlete gets all misty and sometimes drawn to full tears. That does not happen so much with athletes from other countries. Especially those countries that are not nearly as free as the US. Just my observance.

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 02-26-2010, 11:54 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8860 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Ref: Raped by the IRS-
1. I feel your pain
2. No, the gubbmint is not gonna listen
3. Ummmmm... There is no 3.

My associated rant- my lady and I worked hard, paid our bills, raised our kids. I spent nights in school so I could advance, instead of staying home, drinking beeer, and watching the tube. Have retired from a couple of careers, and still working. Have reached a point in my life that I make REALLY good money. I now have to talk with my employer about deferring pay- since the IRS and State grabs nearly half of what I make. Yeah, I will work until about the end of June to give money to my no-good lazy uncle. We HAVE no deductions other than taxes and charity- our stuff is paid for, so no mortgage deductions- and they pretty much pulled the rest a bit at a time.

When I retire for good, I plan to sell everything we have, convert it to gold, silver, and platinum, move to the Carribean, buy a 48 ft motor/sailer, and become a gun runner.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:08 AM   #10

Nope, no guns for now...gotta get a house to put them all in now or the ole lady is gonna be pretty pissed and will probably kick me out of the cardboard box we're gonna have to live in, then the buying of guns can commence. Sure have been eyeballin' a Stainless Raptor II pretty hard. And Orangello...2 allowances (won't let me allow for the dog) and 202.74 state and 3,788.47 federal.